Wanna watch some roller derby? ^_^

Let me answer the last question first! (I'm also a jammer)

^_^ Anyway, though, I guess I'm trying to say not to underestimate her—she's way tougher than she looks!

Lots of jammers have slender builds, and are incredibly agile. I'm on the beefier side for a jammer, but I have a lot of power in my legs since I've been a hockey player for so much of my life, and I'm a really good skater. Roller derby is one of the few sports I know of where pretty much all body types have a niche.

If anyone has any questions about derby, PLEASE ask me. I can help you find your local league, bouts, etc. I can tell you where to watch streams (Home - WFTDA.tv), I can explain the rules, name it. ^_^

-Sharkie
@Soul Brotha'

Next bout is a double header tomorrow! My home team's first game.

I'm playing in the second game, the higher B-level, against the amazing Santa Cruz. (Many of the players on Santa Cruz and PRD's B-team play with me on the Supernovas travel team, whose first bout is scheduled in August.)

It's Peninsula Roller Derby's first game since roller derby was shut down for COVID, and we're excited to get back on the track. Personally, I am really excited to play for my own team for the first time, and I'm excited to play against all my friends. But it's definitely going to be a fast paced, hard-hitting game.

It's going to stream live on twitch with commentators:

Come watch, if you're so inclined! I'm #13, Sekka Shark, on Peninsula Roller Derby, and I'll most likely be jamming tomorrow.

Is this some kind of Roller Derby code phrase?

1649734493322.png

Back