VX Take Over Bids

I didn't ask, I'm not on Facebook, but now that I got you here, HOW SENIOR IS NYC320A?

UPGRADE TIMEZ?

IF I DONT WANT LAYOVERS, CAN I DO JUST ONE DAY TRIPS?

KTHXBAI

image.png

Not according to grim04, RiddleEagleFO, and fudolphin.

Apparently, it's an acquisition not a merger and that matters, we were going out of business in 5 yrs or less, and it's not fair if a 2007 senior VX guy is merged next to a 2000 JetBlue guy. AirTran/Southwest style merger, first Virgin guy should only show up at the 2007 mark, basically putting ~1600 JetBlue guys above the 1st Virgin guy. And staple the Virgin FOs.

Did I miss anything else?

sounds like they successfully rustled your jimmies

sounds like they successfully rustled your jimmies

Not really, I backed down on it. I've been through this before. Fact: the average line pilot will have 0 say in the SLI. Some of our union reps asked not to post things on APC at this point because it doesn't help, it's way too soon, and take a higher road. Just curious if B6 Union also attempted to control some of their fire spreaders.

Good Lord they haven't even announced even if they are going to decide to sell and to whom.

Unless you have the money to purchase the airline there isn't a single thing you can do about this. Worry more about how to spend less time at work and get paid more. Your return on that will be much higher.

You can give me DOH, staple me, or temporarily furlough me. That's all good.

But I absolutely draw the line at having to wear a tie.

They have clip ons if you don't remember how to tie one.

Apparently, it's an acquisition not a merger and that matters, we were going out of business in 5 yrs or less, and it's not fair if a 2007 senior VX guy is merged next to a 2000 JetBlue guy. AirTran/Southwest style merger, first Virgin guy should only show up at the 2007 mark, basically putting ~1600 JetBlue guys above the 1st Virgin guy. And staple the Virgin FOs.

So basically you want a similar deal that Chautauqua gave the original Shuttle America pilots which was a crap deal for S5. There has to be a better way than relative seniority...

We did vote to give your FA's jumpseaf priority.

Really dude common.....3 anonymous posters got your panties in a bundle?

There has to be a better way than relative seniority...
Don't confuse seniority with longevity. Relative seniority makes sense due to the fact no party should receive a windfall. If you're bidding 75% pre merger then I would expect post merger to be within a few points of that. Fences help training gluts and protections for certain aircraft but I don't think that would be an issue for the pilots of JB or VX.

Don't confuse seniority with longevity. Relative seniority makes sense due to the fact no party should receive a windfall. If you're bidding 75% pre merger then I would expect post merger to be within a few points of that. Fences help training gluts and protections for certain aircraft but I don't think that would be an issue for the pilots of JB or VX.

I get the percentages but it still doesn't seem right to put a guy with only 7 years at company a few hundred pilots below him atop a 15 year old list and place thousands below him.

I get the percentages but it still doesn't seem right to put a guy with only 7 years at company a few hundred pilots below him atop a 15 year old list and place thousands below him.
Longevity wise I agree. Bidding power though is different and it will stay roughly the same. Good thing is that with the ALPA merger policy there will be a contract before any of the seniority woes.

Off the wall questions. Neither company has a signed CBA...Does that matter at all or is the merger still dictated by ALPA?

Said the East pilots as they destroyed their integrity by refusing the binding arbitration award, voting out ALPA, and forming USAPA.

JetBlue is just 7 years older than VX. I mean it with all due respect, but some need to get over the ego. We are relatively similar airlines with relatively similar career expectations. Best case scenario for both pilots at both individual airlines is domestic A320 CA.

Yes one has 3,200 pilots and the other 710, but once you combine and integrate, it would be 4000+ pilots. Yes, there will be a lot more "under" VX than currently since we only have 710 versus combined 4000, but as long as people's seats, career expectations and in seat relative bidding is preserved, I don't see the issue... Just the "emotional" issue of ""OMG! That's guy was hired in 2007 and he was put next to a 2000 JetBlue guy!""
It's happened before so yes there's precedent.

Off the wall questions. Neither company has a signed CBA...Does that matter at all or is the merger still dictated by ALPA?
Colgan didn't have a contract when we went through the triple merger. We ratified a JCBA then went to the seniority list integration.

Said the East pilots as they destroyed their integrity by refusing the binding arbitration award, voting out ALPA, and forming USAPA.

JetBlue is just 7 years older than VX. I mean it with all due respect, but some need to get over the ego. We are relatively similar airlines with relatively similar career expectations. Best case scenario for both pilots at both individual airlines is domestic A320 CA.

Yes one has 3,200 pilots and the other 710, but once you combine and integrate, it would be 4000+ pilots. Yes, there will be a lot more "under" VX than currently since we only have 710 versus combined 4000, but as long as people's seats, career expectations and in seat relative bidding is preserved, I don't see the issue... Just the "emotional" issue of ""OMG! That's guy was hired in 2007 and he was put next to a 2000 JetBlue guy!""
It's happened before so yes there's precedent.

Believe me I am not jumping up and down and going OMG over the relative integration nor is it an ego issue for me. I am looking at scenarios and what could happen. I've been screwed by Teamsters in the past so I am leery in general of mergers.

Thanks @Seggy & @amorris311

Believe me I am not jumping up and down and going OMG over the relative integration nor is it an ego issue for me. I am looking at scenarios and what could happen. I've been screwed by Teamsters in the past so I am leery in general of mergers.

Thanks @Seggy & @amorris311

I understand. Been through an ALPA binding arbitration award. It's always worrisome for a lot of people, but at this stage we are far too early and nothing even official announced. Let's at least give it 2 weeks and see what happens as far as VX being sold off.

Back