VX Take Over Bids

My hope would be it sets the stage for a much improved (joint) contract. Management wants integration, to that end they need to negotiate a solid contract that gets approved. Seems to be the way others have benefitted as well.

Also just as a dumb pilot it looks like a smart deal. JBlu increases West coast presence, Hawaii, Etops, loses a similar competitor in terms of brand and customer base. Similar fleet, minimal costs there...

Jetblue buys it, then one of the ME3 buys 49% in the resulting company for domestic feed. :stir:

AAG BOD wants this in the worse way. No scope at Alaska, no coverage between the 737-800 and the Q400 (76 seats for those who don't know how many seats the Q400 holds). Buy VA, whipsaw at a mainline level. Everyone pays.

I can assure you the vast majority of JB guys are NOT like what you see on APC. They're just trolling.....I think the combined company would be stronger, seems like VA has a good product and group of guys. Always impressed by the good nature of the Junpseaters.

@Baronman are these the types that have blue pilots membership?
I'm not on BP....lots of guys are though.

My guess is it's the same grumpy guys who spend inordinate time in crash pads moaning about this and that. Now we have Alpa and we're gonna dictate how this goes! Guess what, VA voted Alpa in for the same reasons we did, and that includes being represented in case of a merger.

Pretty similar airlines with similar career expectations. One fleet type. Both ALPA. Should be as easy as it could possibly be.

Since JBLU is the clear internet favorite, can all of my VA people stop Facebook messaging me "Dude, we're gonna work together! How senior is ATL on the 320?" KTHXBAI

I didn't ask, I'm not on Facebook, but now that I got you here, HOW SENIOR IS NYC320A?

UPGRADE TIMEZ?

IF I DONT WANT LAYOVERS, CAN I DO JUST ONE DAY TRIPS?

KTHXBAI

Last edited:
Pretty similar airlines with similar career expectations. One fleet type. Both ALPA. Should be as easy as it could possibly be.

Not according to grim04, RiddleEagleFO, and fudolphin.

Apparently, it's an acquisition not a merger and that matters, we were going out of business in 5 yrs or less, and it's not fair if a 2007 senior VX guy is merged next to a 2000 JetBlue guy. AirTran/Southwest style merger, first Virgin guy should only show up at the 2007 mark, basically putting ~1600 JetBlue guys above the 1st Virgin guy. And staple the Virgin FOs.

Did I miss anything else?

Back