Virgin Hiring Sep 15

Troy McClure

Ah say boy...Whattcha got there son?
The forum has been very quite on new job postings. The Virgin America listing has been up for maybe 4 weeks now. Im sure many have applied by now.
Has anyone heard back from them?? Are they considered a major airline?
What is the pay like? It would have to be a lot to live in SAnFran. Anyone got any info?

not sure how much they make to start. but its goota be a lot tolive in the Bay Area. Wee dont call it SanFran.
But sure would be nice. I have never rec'd anythgn from them. Top Secret kinda like Alaska.

Ha Ha...yes I was drinking as a matter of fact. The shift was long and brutal and I have no friends and my dog died and my battery died too...but not like the dog.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I seem to recall hearing somewhere that Virgin starts dispatchers out around 70k. As far as cost of of living goes that's like making around 35-40k in many other parts of the country.

The forum has been very quite on new job postings. The Virgin America listing has been up for maybe 4 weeks now. Im sure many have applied by now.
Has anyone heard back from them?? Are they considered a major airline?
What is the pay like? It would have to be a lot to live in SAnFran. Anyone got any info?
not sure how much they make to start. but its goota be a lot tolive in the Bay Area. Wee dont call it SanFran.
But sure would be nice. I have never rec'd anythgn from them. Top Secret kinda like Alaska.

am I seeing double?:stir:

Mid 60s- might as well just go to Dallas or Chicago where you actually get some extra money per month- is SFO really worth it? Maybe you should just go into wine making #KAPC.

I understand offers have been made. Congratulations to those who made the cut, and for those who didn't.... TFAYD.

Looked up some places to rent near Virgin America's HQ. Looks as if ol'craigslist has a few post for $800/month for a private 'living room' for rent. You get your 100sq/ft of living space. You'd better hope if you're hired by Virgin America, better plan for rent to be a bit high. So I would assume they pay more than 40k salary.

JayD said:
Looked up some places to rent near Virgin America's HQ. Looks as if ol'craigslist has a few post for $800/month for a private 'living room' for rent. You get your 100sq/ft of living space. You'd better hope if you're hired by Virgin America, better plan for rent to be a bit high. So I would assume they pay more than 40k salary.

Well, Jay... If you look up three replies you will see the Virgin starts in the mid 60's. That being said, unless you are very well "out of town" from Burlingame that 60k has the equivalent buying power of about 30k in Dallas and about 35 to 40 within an hour's commute of The Big Willy in Chicago, ignoring actual transportation costs.

Yea its actually kinda sad, my great job at PSA probably brings home more money than those experts at Virgin America and Hawaiian. Personally im looking for that no sales tax texas life. #AmericanPleaseFinishDatContract

Back