Video Shows U.S. Plane Avoid Colliding With Chinese War Jet

China released video taken from their plane. Nothing dramatic that I can tell.

It didn’t look dramatic to me from the u.s. version, either.

IRL you try to talk with mikeD about fighter pilot things, and all he wants to talk about is GP bombs/fins/fuzes. He might even guilt you into practicing manual bomb deliveries. He's like the derg of military aviation, a benevolent dictator :D

1673259282781.png

IRL you try to talk with mikeD about fighter pilot things, and all he wants to talk about is GP bombs/fins/fuzes. He might even guilt you into practicing manual bomb deliveries. He's like the derg of military aviation, a benevolent dictator :D

you will be inundated with old school air to ground munitions. Freaking attack pilots. Like your IPs from the VA community.

Now, if you want to talk VF stuff, we can go there. It’d be mostly WVR stuff with guns and heaters….the BVR stuff can be talked about, but you start to lose the Hog drivers. :) :)

you will be inundated with old school air to ground munitions. Freaking attack pilots. Like your IPs from the VA community.

Now, if you want to talk VF stuff, we can go there. It’d be mostly WVR stuff with guns and heaters….the BVR stuff can be talked about, but you start to lose the Hog drivers. :) :)

I understood about 5% of this. :bounce:

I understood about 5% of this. :bounce:

Here you go. translated. :)

I will continue hammering you with talk and descriptions old school tactics and munitions types, the way we used to do it back in the day. Because that’s what we attack pilots do, as opposed to you fighter guys. Just like your instructors who were from the old-school Attack community in the A-7 Corsair jet, before it became Fighter-Attack community with the F/A-18s that you flew and still fly, doing your now-two jobs fairly well instead of one job really well as it used to be.

Now, if you want to talk pure-fighter squadron air-to-air stuff, like the Tomcat peeps in the fighter community did, It would be mostly all within visual range stuff, such as dogfighting, with gun and heat-seeking (short range) missiles. The Beyond Visual Range stuff, because our attack jets didn’t have air-to-air radars nor long range radar guided missiles, I can talk about; however going into depth on this is where you start to lose the pure-attack guys, as this isn’t something they partook in.

:)

Last edited:
Here you go. translated. :)

I will continue hammering you with talk and descriptions old school tactics and munitions types, the way we used to do it back in the day. Because that’s what we attack pilots do, as opposed to you fighter guys. Just like your instructors who were from the old-school Attack community in the A-7 Corsair jet, before it became Fighter-Attack community with the F/A-18s that you flew and still fly, doing your now-two jobs fairly well instead of one job really well as it used to be.

Now, if you want to talk pure-fighter squadron air-to-air stuff, like the Tomcat peeps in the fighter community did, It would be mostly all within visual range stuff, such as dogfighting, with gun and heat-seeking (short range) missiles. The Beyond Visual Range stuff, because our attack jets didn’t have air-to-air radars nor long range radar guided missiles, I can talk about; however going into depth on this is where you start to lose the pure-attack guys, as this isn’t something they partook in.

:)

I liked the Harrier Captain in the group at dinner/drinks. Middle of a • war stories session… 2 Viper guys who Id been working with for months at this point. Me and another Black helicopter representative. This poor 1 tour Harrier Captain going “c’mon you guys are embarrassing me in front of the Helicopter guys,” in the middle of a discussion and the word F pole comes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the Harrier Captain in the group at dinner/drinks. Middle of a • war stories session… 2 Viper guys who Id been working with for months at this point. Me and another Black helicopter representative. This poor 1 tour Harrier Captain going “c’mon you guys are embarrassing me in front of the Helicopter guys,” in the middle of a discussion and the word F pole comes up.

I only worried about E Pole. :)

Back