Very sad news for the almighty 757 :( !!!!!!!!!

Um, it looks like a bunch of drooling guys staring up at me from the monitor. Like I'm putting on a "show" for them or something...
Not how I thought I'd be starting my day....
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only news that could be worse would be if I found out that Mexico discontinued production of the VW Bug. Please, will the bad news ever stop!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They announced that about a month ago....sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, its been months already since they got discontined. Its been about 4 months already.

I guess I'm getting in on this highbrow give and take a little late here, but...

As a passenger, I'm kinda glad to see they're not going to make anymore. The '57 is like Boeing's sports car. It's a heck of a lot of fun for the driver, but kinda crummy for everyone else. It's a long narrow plane that takes a long time to board and unload (especially the -300...by the time you've walked all the way to row 87, you're halfway to your destination) and it has decent enough range to be used on some pretty long flights, flights I'd rather be on a widebody. I'd love to fly one someday, but for now I'm happier riding on a A320 or 767.

The two most comfortable aircraft in the industry? The MD-90 (2-3 seating and an IFE system) and the 767 with 2-3-2 seating.

Ahh!

The 757, as a coach passenger, damned near makes me want to pull my 'fro out.

But in terms of flyability, performance, first class accomodations, etc, the 757 is fantastic.

Or as SkyGuyEd would say, the "shiznit".

agreed, the 767 with the 2-3-2 is the shizzle.

[ QUOTE ]
The 757, as a coach passenger, damned near makes me want to pull my 'fro out.

[/ QUOTE ]

'fro??? need to update your picture Doug?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The two most comfortable aircraft in the industry? The MD-90 (2-3 seating and an IFE system) and the 767 with 2-3-2 seating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Mad Dogs! How could I do that? The 3-2 config is nicer in coach than 3-3 Boeing coach product, though in first you get a little less width.

Too bad I rarely get on one.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we just talking about smaller, domestic flights? Because USAir's international A330s rock. Talk about leg room - it was almost better than 1st Class on a 757 (my only time in 1st was on a 757 and it was kind of a disappointment). I've never been on an A340 or a 777, but I hear they're pretty comfy too.

I kind of agree with this ( http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/virgin/144294_virgin17.html">column ) on the demise of the 757.

Boeing just doesn't seem to be investing in their commercial aviation business anymore. A person could be forgiven for thinking that they don't give a crap about building airliners anymore and want to focus on their military business. I mean, compared to Airbus, how many new models has boeing built in the last 15 years? If the industry ever recovers, then it will still be a long time before they can put a new model out to take advantage of the situation. Meanwhile, the momentum will continue to shift in favor of their competitor.

Back