Vernon Hein

MidlifeFlyer

Many will recall this part of the forum began when Attorney Vernon Hein agreed to moderate and lend his time to answer aviation legal questions. His background was not only in law but in the aviation business world.

It is with deep sadness I post Vern passed away suddenly Tuesday, apparently a heart attack while jogging. The announcement from his local newspaper is here.

Vern and I never had a chance to meet personally but like so many others who have met on JetCareers, we became friends and spoke and consulted with each other periodically.

Ugh. How awful. Seemed like a good man. Truly sorry to learn this.

RIP

591252d6b90ea.image.png

:cry: I called him up a couple months ago but his assistant said he was gone on a business trip. Did not try to catch him after that. Now I will never be able to. Appreciate him volunteering his time on the forum and stuff. RIP

Last edited:
I don't normally peruse this section of JC. I happened upon this thread and thought I would offer my memories of Vernon, albeit a little belated. He was an excellent DPE in Dothan, AL. I had many students take checkrides with him. He was very fair with his checkrides; the type of DPE that, in addition to evaluating, tried to impart his years of aviation knowledge and experience onto the students. He had a successful charter business in Dothan until the recession hit. That's when he decided to go to law school and use his passion for aviation in another way. Anyway, I'll remember Vernon for being one of the nicest, most humble pilots I have ever met. Tailwinds.

Back