Vacation = Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velo its a very heated topic however its not Airdales fault. He made a decisison to work at RAH and got laid off. He now has been recalled. Many of the guys at RAH went up to MKE to show their support to the Midwest guys. I just ask to keep his thread about recall to the point and not turn it into a Midwest vs RAH war. I just dont think this is the right place for it, thats all. I respect the hell out of ya dude just my thought.

He's a lot nicer in person Dave... He just has his opinions and insights, and they are valid in many circumstances... although the placement of them in this specific thread may have tipped the scales to the "uncool" side. But, I'm pretty sure Velo isn't concerned about his coolness factor here, nor should he be. He's just being unsocialbly honest.

I'd recommend taking MusketeerMan's suggestion... you can still edit your post. Put the cheese ever-so-carefully back onto the trap.

Congrats Dave! Welcome back to the fray! :)

Bob

He's just being unsocialbly honest.

I hope he's speaking with his jumpseat then. He's said he doesn't have a problem with the regional guys, but he better be denying rides to RAH guys if he really feels that they, as a pilot group, are slighting the Midwest folks. That is much more constructive than flamebaiting an internet forum.

Dave,

Glad to hear things will be turning around for you. Been following your career since you were a CFI, and the ups and downs you've experienced. Kinda feel like I'm a little invested in your success!

You still keeping up the photography? You've got a hell of an eye for that....

Dave,

Glad to hear things will be turning around for you. Been following your career since you were a CFI, and the ups and downs you've experienced. Kinda feel like I'm a little invested in your success!

You still keeping up the photography? You've got a hell of an eye for that....

Hey thanks dude! You've been a good JC friend, thats for sure. Someday we have to meet up for a beer.

I'm still kickin on the photography. Making a few bucks here and there, but need to get a new camera soon. Just found out my low pass filter has a big scratch thats effecting the sensor.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, says all you need to know.

Dave..take the high road. He's trolling...nothing but a flame bait post by him.

Not really. Just concerned about a couple things...

1. My Navy buddy who last spring was commanding a 717 flying Barack Obama around for $153 an hour. Top 1/4 of the seniority list. Today he's an F/O on reserve and took a 30% pay cut. Now HE'S looking at a furlough.

He was "replaced" by a RAH Captain making $108 an hour and Junior over there is back in his seat making $23 an hour.

2. The whole concept of outsourcing is a cancer that will destroy this profession. I'll be long gone, but you guys that are crowing about "welcome back" to RAH are going to be the victims down the road. Better make your long range retirement decisions based on that $108 an hour rate.

Because there will be NO decent paying airline pilot jobs left and you can thank the man in the mirror for that.

Sorry, but I have no respect for this clown.

You seem to have no respect for anything. Believe me, your attitude as reflected by the vulgar, insulting and threatening PM you sent me will keep you flying a regional jet for the rest of your career. Good luck with that.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, says all you need to know.

Not really. Just concerned about a couple things...

1. My Navy buddy who last spring was commanding a 717 flying Barack Obama around for $153 an hour. Top 1/4 of the seniority list. Today he's an F/O on reserve and took a 30% pay cut. Now HE'S looking at a furlough.

He was "replaced" by a RAH Captain making $108 an hour and Junior over there is back in his seat making $23 an hour.

2. The whole concept of outsourcing is a cancer that will destroy this profession. I'll be long gone, but you guys that are crowing about "welcome back" to RAH are going to be the victims down the road. Better make your long range retirement decisions based on that $108 an hour rate.

Because there will be NO decent paying airline pilot jobs left and you can thank the man in the mirror for that.

You seem to have no respect for anything. Believe me, your attitude as reflected by the vulgar, insulting and threatening PM you sent me will keep you flying a regional jet for the rest of your career. Good luck with that.

Come on man, the guy got his job back, knock it off.

Come on man, the guy got his job back, knock it off.

Pat,

I'll give you the email address of my buddy who is back on reserve as an F/O with two kids in college and about 5 years of career left.

You tell him how great it is that RAH is recalling. I'm sure he'll applaud.

Hey thanks dude! You've been a good JC friend, thats for sure. Someday we have to meet up for a beer.

I'm still kickin on the photography. Making a few bucks here and there, but need to get a new camera soon. Just found out my low pass filter has a big scratch thats effecting the sensor.
A 50D should be in your future...... Don't have one yet but will one day.

Is that supposed to be a threat? Wow. That says everything anyone needs to know about the guy you see in the mirror.

Pat,

I'll give you the email address of my buddy who is back on reserve as an F/O with two kids in college and about 5 years of career left.

You tell him how great it is that RAH is recalling. I'm sure he'll applaud.

I know man, but he didn't set company policy, he just worked their. We all hate walmart, but do we ostracize and criticize walmart employees? Nope, we say it sucks to work at walmart.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but look, midwest ran out of money and furloughed people. Republic's management no doubt looked where they could make a buck and tried to swoop in and take some routes. This industry is cut throat, and will screw anyone, and yeah, it sucks that he's losing his career with 5 years left and has no place to go but to the bottom, but that's aviation. Plus, Dave doesn't have money either. What do you want him to do? Say screw this paycheck? I want no part of it? Nope, ain't happening, and there's nothing wrong with that, he's got to do what he needs to get by, and if its at a UNION company (teamsters) then all the better. Bottom line, sucks for your buddy, but you're placing blame on the wrong people, the MANAGEMENT is screwing midwest, not the pilots. When Alaska was fighting with MarkAir and they went under did you say "hey, I shouldn't be flying with alaska, they've forced pilots out of the job?" I doubt it. I'm not trying to pick a fight man, you know we've had our differences, but seriously, not the time. If you're really bothered by it, start a new thread title "Republic Pilots suck for Hosing my Buddy at Midwest," but don't #### in this guy's cherios.

-pat

Who is really to blame for the RAH flying?

1. The Midwest pilot's Scope clause

2. Midwest Management for selling out the brand

Its good business for any FFD carrier to go after any available contract out there that will turn a profit for the company and their shareholders. Dave started at RAH well before any of the Midwest flying was a reality. Until IBT 747 or ALPA would pay full unemployment benefits to the RAH pilots that would be fired for refusing to fly at a certain codeshare, do you really think that the RAH pilots would refuse flying that was legally negotiated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back