UVSC

Tests are taken online along with your classes. Most classes have a Mid term or 2 and a final. They also have scenario's and written assignment and tasks throughout the class.

As for the cost? depends on what credits you transfer in. The cost per credit hour is $150 right now, but I think it's going to go up a little bit in the fall. So figure if you have no credit and take the 60 credits needed, it'll be roughly $9000 for tuition and whatever flight fees and book that add on.

[ QUOTE ]
how do their Online degrees work? how do you take a test? whats the total cost? for an AAS with UVSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Better get those research skills in practice if you want to get a degree!!!
grin.gif

Better hurry up with the degree, tuition is going way up. I started UVSC in Spring '02 at $90/unit, it was $130/unit last semester. They also have plans to become a University which will probably cause another increase.

If I get an AA degree in their aeronautical science, can I get the BS in another major, liek will the united I take for AA in their aero sci be transferable to say a Business degree? or Am I stuck with Aero Sci for a B.S.??? Im thinking about applying soon because I will be a senior in high school tommorw, and I want to get into their program so I can get in with their internships for airlines. -Thank You.

[ QUOTE ]
If I get an AA degree in their aeronautical science, can I get the BS in another major, liek will the united I take for AA in their aero sci be transferable to say a Business degree? or Am I stuck with Aero Sci for a B.S.??? Im thinking about applying soon because I will be a senior in high school tommorw, and I want to get into their program so I can get in with their internships for airlines. -Thank You.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why not...most of the courses for your AS degree are General Ed courses anyway, so they would apply to any degree. The other aviation courses would still count as electives if you changed majors so you would just end up having to take more classes overall for the different BS. Best thing would be to call and talk to an academic advisor and tell them your plans/goals and they could steer you in the right direction.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey RPM,

Can you re sell your text books back to the school after you are finished with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...usually, unless the book for the course was updated or changed.

I just ended up keeping most of my books for future reference though, except for damn Algebra/Calculus crap...they got those suckers back ASAP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It varies a lot depending on their need of the books- high need for a book = higher prices paid for used book and vice versa, usually you don't get very much back though. I've had some lit books I only got like $2 for and some I got about $30-40 back...

Just try and always buy used books if the bookstore has em. New books are damn expensive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buck.gif

Get the ISBN and go to Amazon.com guarentee you save over 65%...

State Univ. Of NY @ TC- "College Algebra and Trig" - $165.00 - USED - College Bookstore

Amazon.com - College Algebra and Trig" - $47.00 - Like New

Deals are out there...just have to look....and have the ISBN number.

I've never sold a book back to the bookstore...even if I was hungry and broke.

Screw those guys. I'd rather roll them up and smoke them or used them as toilet paper.

Screw them. Really.

We just paid for Christmas with books sold back to UVSC. Corbin kept some for ebay or Amazon though cause he can get more. There was a poor guy that had his Biology book listed on ebay for $10 with shipping, if the guy did a little research, he'd see that that book is bringing in around $70 on Amazon.

I always tried to buy and sell my books on ebay. I still have a lot of UVSC books left. PM me if you still need to buy some. It is best to SELL a book on Ebay at the beginning of a semester and best to BUY them in the middle or end of a semester. You should be able to find out what books are required for the next semester and buy them early at a much better rate. I've sold some books for more than I paid.

I'm not sure if all of you guys noticed that you could chat with students at UVSC and ask them all the questions you want. So thats at www.uvscaviation.com and then Live Help to left.

[ QUOTE ]
how do their Online degrees work? how do you take a test? whats the total cost? for an AAS with UVSC

[/ QUOTE ]

The cost is just over $10 000 if you include the books, for a Bachelors its a little less then twice that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After talking with the advisors at UVSC I was told that if you want to do a BS you should get an AS instead of an AAS. The AS transfers better into the BS. As far as what you major in they offer two degrees without having to take extra classes. The first is a BS in aviation-professional pilot. The second is a BS in Technology Management. This is your ratings plus classes in business and entrepreneurship.

Back