upgrades coming for colgan

Re: A couple Colgan New hire classes!!!!

I like to see that. The only problem I have is there will be fewer fo's to choose from. As I am happy to see the movement I would also like them to begin the hiring process again.

Re: A couple Colgan New hire classes!!!!

I like to see that. The only problem I have is there will be fewer fo's to choose from. As I am happy to see the movement I would also like them to begin the hiring process again.

They just announced two new hire classes for the near future. Looks like you got your wish.

Edit... Doh! Just saw the title of the first response. Amorris, we should both read a little more closely.

I screwed up. im just an angry person right now when I pay for an apartment I am never in because of this outstation basing crap!

jason i know where you live if you leak anything i will hunt you down. :)

I screwed up. im just an angry person right now when I pay for an apartment I am never in because of this outstation basing crap!

jason i know where you live if you leak anything i will hunt you down. :)

Down with outstation basing! At least I think Matt Hand doesn't like it.... nor do i!

I knew it was coming, but I love the outstation basing. My easy way of life is now over. I hate ewr.

I hate ewr too, and I feel for the guys at orf and alb, but more lines and commutable trips is a good thing, most guys on the q side are commuters. With no day trip per diem at colgan, outstation bases mean less money on top of less commutability.

for some reason, I doubt HR gives a care these days... remmber, all their jobs just went to Mem...

Seggs' is prob. just as safe as anybody else here, but for some reason I doubt he would send resumes in.

I knew it was coming, but I love the outstation basing. My easy way of life is now over. I hate ewr.

ALB and ORF are gone? :dunno: I knew it was coming (from my days at Colgan), but didn't hear that it happened. Sorry for you ALB/ORF guys/girls. :(

I think that it was inevitable that all the "Q" operations would be consolidated in EWR. The only reason that Colgan even started out with out-basing the Q, was to try and get senior pilots to transition. Obviously, we didn't have enough and hired street captains for the Q.
For many pilots at Colgan EWR is a non-starter. Difficult to commute to, a craphole to live or "crashpad" in and a complete clusterfoxtrot to operate in and out of. So, I am guessing that when IAH opens in the late summer of 10', one will hear a giant sucking sound of pilots heading south to Houston. How junior EWR goes is anyone's guess, but it sure will be interesting to see what kind of structure/scheduling/manning the company has when the dust settles in January 2011 or so.

Back