Update: UPS flight dispatchers are asking to be paid like counterparts at Delta, American

From the current posting. I was surprised to find out that the new post has been up more than once in the last week. I never saw it repost. It only accepts so many applications at one time and then closes. I heard directly from a hiring manager that they have a lot of applications to go through and it’s unclear if the post will go back up for this class. The only suggestion I have is to keep watch often when it’s known we are hiring. I’ll update if I hear anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much appreciated

Remember year 1 at a mid major (atlas, spirit, Kalitta) is to top of scale at a regional.

That's misleading. It depends on the regional someone is at, and it's another story when you adjust it for COL. Just as an example, even though F9 pays more than I make without override, DEN is so expensive I'd actually be taking a pay cut and QOL cut to go there. I lose nothing as far as money is concerned by passing them up. The same is true with NK and South Florida, but won't be true when they move to less expensive BNA. The experience is great, and in the long term the pay will be better than a regional, but it's prudent that you consider COL and QOL rather than just saying "big number good".

Im just looking for gouge on the interviews. Looks like its all on the Zoom internet. Im an old guy, dont know nuttin 'bout no zoom. Do I need a headset and gloves? What the heck is USD port??
If you did the Zoom I would love to hear how that went. Pls PM me if you like. thanks.

Hello everyone! Sorry to be posting this on this thread but was wondering if anyone knew the answer....can I still Jumpseat on delta/united during this pandemic? I understand the seat restrictions and what not but am I able to still sit in the jumpseat if I’m wearing proper PPE?? Thank you!

Two of my dxer friends have been eating up the skymiles. They say it's just fine. You might even get some first class time on some flights.
OH wait...I guess you did ask about JSing instead of NonRev. But there are so many mt planes, no need to ride up front. Not sure about cockpit access, sorry. mt = empty.

Hello everyone! Sorry to be posting this on this thread but was wondering if anyone knew the answer....can I still Jumpseat on delta/united during this pandemic? I understand the seat restrictions and what not but am I able to still sit in the jumpseat if I’m wearing proper PPE?? Thank you!

It’s been captain’s discretion. I’ve heard of some FAM trips being denied the jump seat, but if you’re “commuting” you shouldn’t have an issue, that officially hasn’t been limited at all, except for UA’s 70% capacity thing.

Two of my dxer friends have been eating up the skymiles. They say it's just fine. You might even get some first class time on some flights.
OH wait...I guess you did ask about JSing instead of NonRev. But there are so many mt planes, no need to ride up front. Not sure about cockpit access, sorry. mt = empty.

Good deal. I appreciate the responses
s

Im just looking for gouge on the interviews. Looks like its all on the Zoom internet. Im an old guy, dont know nuttin 'bout no zoom. Do I need a headset and gloves? What the heck is USD port??
If you did the Zoom I would love to hear how that went. Pls PM me if you like. thanks.

So how did it go? What’s the gouge? Was TaxiBack any help?

So can we finally agree that Pax and Cargo are different businesses?
And now that I have Cargo experience (Deep South), it’s way easier. Boxes don’t refuse to wear masks.

So can we finally agree that Pax and Cargo are different businesses?
And now that I have Cargo experience (Deep South), it’s way easier. Boxes don’t refuse to wear masks.
Nobody has ever said they are the same business.... The dispatching is the same though. Do you choose an alternate differently? Plan your routes differently? Handle MELs differently? Does the airplane in an way operate or fly differently because there are boxes instead of people behind the cockpit door? The answer is obviously no.

You're a dispatcher. You don't care what is going on behind that cockpit door. There are other people for that.

Obviously they are different businesses, and have different issues, but the rules and regulations for dispatching are still the same.

Nobody has ever said they are the same business.... The dispatching is the same though. Do you choose an alternate differently? Plan your routes differently? Handle MELs differently? Does the airplane in an way operate or fly differently because there are boxes instead of people behind the cockpit door? The answer is obviously no.

You're a dispatcher. You don't care what is going on behind that cockpit door. There are other people for that.

Obviously they are different businesses, and have different issues, but the rules and regulations for dispatching are still the same.
So if someone in the back is having a heart attack you don’t worry about it?

So if someone in the back is having a heart attack you don’t worry about it?
You trade Hazmat for passenger issues that’s it. Believe me, you’d rather deal with 100 passenger diversions due to whatever, than even one due to a legitimate Hazmat issue.

Do you know the history on why you can’t take a Lithium Ion battery on a passenger flight?

Back