Update on Trans States

MavFlyer

I'm not sure what the overall view is on here of TSA, but I have an interview offer with them (still trying to get a date) and was wondering what opinions everyone has. I seem to get mixed messages when asking around. The take over an APC seems to be quick lines out of training and a quick upgrade. Is there any truth to this?

What are the company reqs to upgrade, QOL, company reputation, etc

Any input/advice would be great!

I'm not sure what the overall view is on here of TSA, but I have an interview offer with them (still trying to get a date) and was wondering what opinions everyone has. I seem to get mixed messages when asking around. The take over an APC seems to be quick lines out of training and a quick upgrade. Is there any truth to this?

What are the company reqs to upgrade, QOL, company reputation, etc

Any input/advice would be great!
Quick upgrades? I lived with guy who just upgraded this summer and he got hired back in late '06 early '07. If that's quick then by all means to for it. Good pilot group from what I can tell.

Quick upgrades? I lived with guy who just upgraded this summer and he got hired back in late '06 early '07. If that's quick then by all means to for it. Good pilot group from what I can tell.

That's what I thought it was too, and according to APC the most junior Captain D.O.H. is '06. But they seem to be telling everyone in the interviews that those guys are drying up and the next ones in line for upgrade are 2012 D.O.H. Seems like a big jump to me. That's why I was looking around to see if anyone knew if there is any truth to this? Any TSA guys out there?

That's what I thought it was too, and according to APC the most junior Captain D.O.H. is '06. But they seem to be telling everyone in the interviews that those guys are drying up and the next ones in line for upgrade are 2012 D.O.H. Seems like a big jump to me. That's why I was looking around to see if anyone knew if there is any truth to this? Any TSA guys out there?
They furloughed and recalled and a lot found work elsewhere. That's why you see the large gap.

We are running two classes a month now. Mostly hiring for the new rest rule and some attrition, since we just added like 6 airplanes to the line. Yes, when I interviewed with them in July, they told me about one year upgrade time. But a lot of movement in the upper management, we have a lot of ex Comair guys running stuff. Training is going pretty good so far, everyone is passing their ground and sim tests. The only people that don't make it through the training are the ones that don't put any effort into studying.

YOu guys have a new chief pilot, right? If it's who I think it is... He's one of my good friends, and was my roommate and sim partner when I went through training in January.

We had 3 FO's leave here to go to TSA plus a captain who wanted jet time. All were told a quick upgrade.

We had 3 FO's leave here to go to TSA plus a captain who wanted jet time. All were told a quick upgrade.

Ya, if they have the time. What are TSA's upgrade insurance mins? I heard something like 4500TT, 1000 turbine and 500 in type or something like that?..

2012 hires are probably upgrading because they have the required times over those hired before that.

Ya, if they have the time. What are TSA's upgrade insurance mins? I heard something like 4500TT, 1000 turbine and 500 in type or something like that?..

2012 hires are probably upgrading because they have the required times over those hired before that.

No 3500tt, 1000turbine, 1000me. But they give you one for one credit so basically only need 500 hrs in type.

Any we have a gap from 2006 to 2012 on new hires, so 2012 are upgrading because of the fact there is no one below them.

No 3500tt, 1000turbine, 1000me. But they give you one for one credit so basically only need 500 hrs in type.

Any we have a gap from 2006 to 2012 on new hires, so 2012 are upgrading because of the fact there is no one below them.
So the quick upgrade is true?

I do believe the new FAA regs also require 1000 hours as an SIC or a position requiring an ATP.

I do believe the new FAA regs also require 1000 hours as an SIC or a position requiring an ATP.
I'm not sure about that. Our ops spec said 1000 hours but we get credited one for one hours so it bumps it down to 500 hrs.

He will be my chief when I finish sim in October. Couple of my classmate are ex comair and they say he is really cool.
He's extremely cool. He gets along with everyone, and will make great CP for TSA. Hopefully with a new CP and new Dir. of Trng TSA will turn things around somewhat...

Back