Update on the ratings race ...

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
Not that anyone really cares but ... I started hammering out the CFI written practice tests this weekend (71, 79,74, 89) with the hopes of getting ready to do it for real this coming weekend - assuming I'm not in Vegas, which is looking bleaker and bleaker. I usually take the real written when I start consistently scoring high 80s to low 90s.

Friday, I finnished the last of my aerodynamic lessons (the only lesson left, now, before the "flying" lessons is Aeromedical) and my CFII is thinking of scheduling first part of December for my checkride. But we're going to wait until the airplane seems to be a "lock" for getting finnished.

The airplane is in annual right now and we're waiting on two, overhauled carbs to show up. They are guaranteed to be here anytime between now and no later than the 25th of this month (which means first week of December).

So, I'm slogging away at this cr@p and one of these days I'll be finnished with all my "base" ratings (CAMEL, MEI, CFII, CFI, CASEL). It'll be a helluva party when that day arrives!

Keep on truckin!
...and when the day comes I'll be sure to bring something nice to your party!
cool.gif

Cool...good luck!

I am trying to study hardcore for my Airframe and General mechanic tests so I can take those sometime in the not-too-distant future and have a fourth little gray piece of paper from the FAA. Geez theres a lot of stuff to know for those- makes the pilot tests seem like they were cake!
blush.gif

602 - Right behind you buddy!!

I'm about to schedule my Comm. written and then dive headlong into the CFI info.

I'm hoping to finish the Comm. by mid-December or early January and it looks like I should have no problem achieving that!
grin.gif

We'll be having one hell of a shindig here too once that happens - Kind of a K.I.P.P. = "Kickoff Into Poverty Party"!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Yeah .. I found out the DE I like to use charges twice his normal fee because the CFI ride "takes all day."

If I were to go straight into CFI'ing full time it'd take me probably 4 months to pay off just the checkride fee!

Why does anyone do this sh*t? It's insane. Really.
crazy.gif
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah .. I found out the DE I like to use charges twice his normal fee because the CFI ride "takes all day."

If I were to go straight into CFI'ing full time it'd take me probably 4 months to pay off just the checkride fee!

Why does anyone do this sh*t? It's insane. Really.
crazy.gif
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't do it at the local FSDO with an inspector for free any more?

You can, but the FAA is notorious for failing almost everyone on the CFI ride. So then you have pay for the airplane to fly again on your recheck -- and the FAA ends up being more expensive.

Either way the CFI ride sucks! There are egotistical DPE's that think the checkride should take all day or even all week, and then there is the FAA -- 'nough said there! The FAA will fail you and ground your airplane in the process! "Hi, I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help!" Riiight!
smile.gif

Man that sucks. I had a pretty smooth checkride at the SJC FSDO.

I think I was more nervous about being asked to do a lazy-8 than the checkride itself. Man I hated doing those things.

602, I am neck and neck with you. I have my CFI and CFII checkrides scheduled for Dec 16th and 17th. I am jamming away. Actually WillflyforFood and I have been studying together, he working on his CFI too.

I have to say, the other CFI's on this site who have websites and links to others have really helped my get my syllubus going. It is all a great help. Danke!

Over here on the west coast I got my Comm scheduled for Nov.19th
shocked.gif
. Scared as hell, too!
grin.gif

And I'm going over to PA for Thanksgiving Nov 26, so I'm just gonna go all out and try to do the CFI ride sometime between my Comm and the day I leave.

Lot's has to go well (good wx and I'll have to pass both on the first try), but if it does I'll be a CFI by the end of the month
grin.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

So start lining up to get yer dual!

I took my CFI intial with the SDL FDSO and passed first time. It wasn't that much of an issue, and it was free. I'd rather do that then pay $500 for an intial with about the same chance of failure...

The main problem is the wait, I heard that the FDSO here is only giving 12 rides per quarter.

Back