United Application

Just to add a little more fuel to this fire:

In Texas when you get a speeding ticket it you have the option to have it cleared by taking Defensive Driving. So your driving record doesn't show speeding tickets it shows that you took Defensive Driving. Would you include these "Defensive Driving" courses as tickets on an app?

Probably, but it really doesn't matter unless you have 10 of them.

Okay, I have a question on the speeding tickets in general. Are people putting ALL their tickets they have ever gotten or just within say the last 10 years? My record is pretty clean the last 10 years and I would have no problem putting them all on, but I really can't remember the details of my tickets from 15 years ago. When I was 17 I really didn't think that I would have to keep them so I know the exact date and which zip code they were issued in for employers a decade and a half later. The DMV isn't any help either they only release records for the last 3 years in CT. The best I can do is give a general date of when they happened (like sometime in the fall of 1996). How are other people dealing with this because the application says to list all tickets and I want to be as accurate as I can. Like I said, I'm not trying to hide anything from them but if they are going to get bent out of shape because I'm off by a few months or forgot one from that long ago it seems unreasonable.

Well if:
1) You can't remember where or when
b) You can't get a record of where or when
I would think:
IV) Don't worry about it
except as provided by paragraphs (b) (c) (d) and (f) (1-3, 5, 13), clause ii...

I think people do worry because of a doctrine in employment law--it's easy to can someone for lying on a job application.

except as provided by paragraphs (b) (c) (d) and (f) (1-3, 5, 13), clause ii...

I think people do worry because of a doctrine in employment law--it's easy to can someone for lying on a job application.

In many cases, sure. Burden of proof is on the employer though and since the potential employee can't even get a hold of this info...

Back