Unemployed again

I have to agree with this, and we dont even agree on a lot of things. Waco is a good dude.

That is the whole point...that Waco is a good dude...

Oh wait...that's not it. This is it:

I can't think of people I have disagreed with more than Jtrain and Surreal and Tony. I imagine that if I were in Michigan, Atlanta or MD and really needed help though - like I was in town for business and something happened - those guys would be a phone call or PM away and they would help me. Same if they were in KC...I would help them. That is networking.

I can't think of people I have disagreed with more than Jtrain and Surreal and Tony. I imagine that if I were in Michigan, Atlanta or MD and really needed help though - like I was in town for business and something happened - those guys would be a phone call or PM away and they would help me. Same if they were in KC...I would help them. That is networking.

I think that whats makes good friendships... even online ones, strong. And why I want to go to NJC.... to put faces with the names. It's definitely something.... we may disagree vehemently on things but in the end we like the people who post because they come across as good people.

Don't count on me if you are ever in Jersey. ;)

No doubt about it, thats whats its all about right there.

Waco sucks!

I know, I know. I go ahead and take a month to repond to your last email and now you ignore me!

When do you guys get through with your season down there - we (Ctab, you and me) need to plan a NW Ark M&G and dig up Zap to give us a Wal-Mart tour.

You'll notice I didn't mention DarrenF in Joisey!:D

Actually...isn't being in Jersey an emergency in and of itself?

Besides...Q is in Jersey...and she is my go-to girl!

I want to be your goto girl...errr wait, what? :laff:

Aloft, time counts when you are joe-schmo coming in off the street. Networking seems to get you passed that hump. When I worked at Supermarine I networked my butt off. Met the crew for a BIG TIME celebrity and I still stay in contact with them. Anyways two years after I met them they offered me a job to co-pilot his PC-12 in preparation to move into his G-IV. The only reason I couldn't take it is because I didn't have my commercial, hell I didn't even have my PPL. Oh yeah, this is just one instance of something like this happening.
De nile ain't just a river in Egypt.

Now that is a damn cool story!

Did anything ever pan out of it from then?

Man, is this another impressive thread or what?

No, that's not a good thing.

Citationkid doesn't have it easier than anyone else, he has just learned a very valuable lesson very VERY early in his life: Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. Good on him.

Now, Mr. A loft, you would do well to remember something else we learn very early on in our aviation training. When the shad hits the fan don't forget to fly the airplane. Right now you're in a graveyard spiral because you're so convinced your instruments are lying. They aren't. Stop lashing out at people and fly the airplane that is your career. You don't have to like your situation but you'd better deal with it or it will only get worse.

I'd smother CTK for the opportunities he has in front of him but I'd never begrudge him for them. If I were you I'd either smother my attitude or find another career field that has a larger pool.

As I have said before, if you want to make a living, don't do it in aviation.

You're waiting for the train that will most likely never come.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment and get a job that allows you the liberty of flying a 172 on the weekends. It's financially the smartest move you'll ever make.

Look, I don't begrudge anyone their successes, but I'm also not going to listen to people who've cut corners and gamed the system tell me that *I'm* not working hard enough on making things happen for myself--especially when they haven't a clue what they're talking about. As far as my own career goes, I haven't dropped the airplane to fly the mike, or in this case, the keyboard. Quite the contrary.

Funny how JC is the only place people seem to perceive me as having a bad attitude.

Look, I don't begrudge anyone their successes, but I'm also not going to listen to people who've cut corners and gamed the system tell me that *I'm* not working hard enough on making things happen for myself--especially when they haven't a clue what they're talking about. As far as my own career goes, I haven't dropped the airplane to fly the mike, or in this case, the keyboard. Quite the contrary.

Funny how JC is the only place people seem to perceive me as having a bad attitude.

Terms such as "cut corners" and "gamed the system" are what we are talking about. Don't you think if they were referring to you that way, you would take offense? You make broad generalizations about others but do not want them to do that to you. You make it seem like you are the only person that has never "cut corners" or "gamed the system".

You'll notice I didn't mention DarrenF in Joisey!:D

Actually...isn't being in Jersey an emergency in and of itself?

Besides...Q is in Jersey...and she is my go-to girl!
Actually I think she lives in Staten Island, about 10 minutes away from me, but still not New Jersey...:D

Did anything ever pan out of it from then?

I found out that this isn't a good time for me to jump into this profession whether corporate or the airlines. I'll probably do it when I'm 45 since there are some financial ends I want to tie up so the chage won't be a financial burden.

Back