Uh Oh.... Might have a suprise spawn on the way.

Hckey2477

Just got home from a flight (1:00 a.m.), the wife is up and laughing as the dog welcomes me home. I ask "whats so funny?". she replied nothing with a distrubing look on her face. So I ask again, and she spills the guts with a pregnancy test. DOH!!!! it's positive and she's on BC. We'll recheck the next few days and I will definitly update. Let's hope for a couple more years of freedom. But if it is to be, then that's great :)

Stories like this scare me!! You sure she wasn't missing days or something!?

I'm glad though that you're happy about it, congrats!

Remember nothings 100% effective except....abstinance! Of course we don't want that, so you have to take the 1% risk and it's worth every %!;):crazy:

Remember nothings 100% effective except....abstinance! Of course we don't want that, so you have to take the 1% risk and it's worth every %!;):crazy:

1% means if you make it twice a week you'll statistically be preggers within a year.

Frightening.

1% means if you make it twice a week you'll statistically be preggers within a year.

Frightening.

Not sure if that is how the statistics work on that one. Pretty sure every time you have sex there is a 1% chance... odds don't change the more you do it.
:rawk:

This woman is going to drive me to drink. A positve, a negative, and another positive. We are going to get a blood test on monday. I am going insane. :banghead:

Today's tests are pretty accurate. False negatives are more common than false positives. If a HPT you've done says "PG", then it's pretty likely you really are pg! Not that false positives don't occur, of course they do, but in the event of an erroneous reading statistically you're far more likely to see false negative than a false positive.

And there is a failure rate percentage on every type of birth control. The ring, the shot, the pill, condoms, vasectomies, tubal ligations, everything has a failure rate. 3 of my friends from Eagle had babies conceived while on the pill (one lady had BOTH her kids while on the pill!), shot failure, or condom failure.

The only "contraception" that is 100% sure is either not having sex at all or a hysterectomy (major surgery that is NOT performed solely for contraceptive purposes).

Welcome to parenthood!

So....what did the blood test say? We were very happy about our positive test. Oliver said he expected it cause I had been acting different, but it shocked the crap out of me. I was shaking...
If she is, lemme recommend you do a little research on some of the common issues she will face while pregnant. I have been extremely surprised by how tired, nauseous, and emotional I am. It'll be easier to live with her the next few months if you understand what she's going through, if she's anything like me anyways. I can't imagine how hard it is to live with me right now. If I'm not crying at something totally stupid, then I'm whining about how sick I feel, eating or I'm asleep. :) Good Luck!

Not sure if that is how the statistics work on that one. Pretty sure every time you have sex there is a 1% chance... odds don't change the more you do it.
:rawk:

Right but the probability of that one percent happening does increase. Odds are odds, but the more you roll that dice the larger probability/chance is you'll crap out. :)

"Whew"

Well good luck with that, and I will just tell you, a few months ago, I was wishing that I could drink... lol :crazy:

All turned out to be ok though... :nana2:

Good luck with whatever it is, and its great that you are happy about the fact that it might be positive as well. :)

in other news, as soon as they come up with MALE birth control, SIGN ME UP!!

child + pilot student loans = BAD BAD BADDDD

Today's tests are pretty accurate. False negatives are more common than false positives. If a HPT you've done says "PG", then it's pretty likely you really are pg! Not that false positives don't occur, of course they do, but in the event of an erroneous reading statistically you're far more likely to see false negative than a false positive.

And there is a failure rate percentage on every type of birth control. The ring, the shot, the pill, condoms, vasectomies, tubal ligations, everything has a failure rate. 3 of my friends from Eagle had babies conceived while on the pill (one lady had BOTH her kids while on the pill!), shot failure, or condom failure.

The only "contraception" that is 100% sure is either not having sex at all or a hysterectomy (major surgery that is NOT performed solely for contraceptive purposes).

Welcome to parenthood!

Funny thing (really serious) is that there are couples out there using bare instruments (if you know what I mean) and cannot conceive, its called infertility. Crazy world!

in other news, as soon as they come up with MALE birth control, SIGN ME UP!!

13.gif

:tmyk:

My son was an "oops", and it turns out it's the best damn accident that's occurred in my entire life.

The minute that nurse handed me my boy, that put my entire life into perspective -- and I've never been the same since, significantly for the better.

So, my point is...it seems like a pretty scary thing right now, but it most likely will be something great in the grand scheme of things.

oh you better believe it i have a good stock of those on hand at all times.... but im aiming for something even more reassuring, like the doc telling me "jeremy, you are producing absolutely zero sperm. there is no way physically possible for you to impregnate someone"

:-D

Back