UAS/UAV Operators

brian434

I am trying to break into the UAS/UAV industry. Anyone working that field? I have exchanged PMs with Proudpilot a bit but having more contacts never hurt anyone.

About me:

Commercial Pilot
Military experience in both aircraft maintenance and security forces.
I believe still active but need to get in touch with my last command to find out for sure.
Perfectly willing to spend a year in Iraq or Afghanistan if it means I help those with boots still on the ground.

Very interested in the field as well. Not much info around. Some positions at GA are listed on usajobs.com but requirements are very high.

I've managed to make three contacts now. I will share information as I get it. There are a few positions on indeed.com that I was able to check most of the boxes for. I am hopeful. My contact in Afghanistan has been a big help and seems to be a really awesome guy. I will post information as it's obtained.

I am also trying to tap into the UAV industry. I have about 500TT and no military background. Looking for any help I can get!

Sorry I've been away, how is everyone doing on this? Keep watching the site... more stuff might be coming available. We can always use more operators.

As far as I know, we never quite stopped. Slowed down for sure and there was that 'hiccup.' I know those displaced by that may not have been called back afterwards which was bad on HR. However, do you still have my email Brian?

As for everyone else, we're getting a lot of the guys that got pushed off before and old resumes. That being said there will probably be postings in the next few months. As always, it's a long and patient process to get in. Took me 5 years.

I wouldn't touch AAI with a 10ft pole right now, not after what they did to the last batch of new hires and especially not after their contract debacle.

Insitu, VT Group, and Academi are all hiring UAS operators.

@ProudPilot I got the thanks but no thanks email today from AAI. The way they do business makes no sense at all. I wasn't seriously considering it but I was curious if they would extend an offer and if anything has changed.

I am in the Army and i work with 15W (UAS Operators) and usually they after they complete their contract with the Army they will get out and do the same exact same thing with NGC (Northrop Grumman Corporation)

I don't know much about it but just throwing that out there for ya!

Back