UAL Outsourcing Pilots???

She dismissed any suggestion that underqualified pilots would be at the controls of the flights.

"We and all of our partners meet or exceed all FAA requirements for flying commercial aircraft," Medina said.

She neglected to mention what those requirements actually are. A CA with 1500TT, an A330 type and a PIC checkout with a 250TT FO with a wet ME commerical and an SIC checkout would technically meet the FAA requirements. I guess if it was a CA with 1501 and an FO with 251, it would exceed.

You can get your commercial as low as 190 hours or less pt 141.

I remember how I was with 250 hours. That was scary enough. Regressing another 60 hours would put me in the corner of the room rocking back and forth mumbling to myself kinda scary.

So how will JAA licensee pilots fly N registered aircraft and vice versa?

I don't think pilots with both would be willing to be part of this "venture".

So how will JAA licensee pilots fly N registered aircraft and vice versa?

I don't think pilots with both would be willing to be part of this "venture".

I think Aer Lingus is providing the airplanes and the pilots. United is basically selling tickets. Think of Aer Lingus as an international regional partner.

I think Aer Lingus is providing the airplanes and the pilots. United is basically selling tickets. Think of Aer Lingus as an international regional partner.
USAir had a similar agreement with BA in the mid 90s where USAir flew flights for BA using USAir aircraft painted in the BA scheme.

More outsourcing...F9 is next. They took some Republic money, so its just a matter of time before RAH pulls a "Midwest" on them.

She neglected to mention what those requirements actually are. A CA with 1500TT, an A330 type and a PIC checkout with a 250TT FO with a wet ME commerical and an SIC checkout would technically meet the FAA requirements. I guess if it was a CA with 1501 and an FO with 251, it would exceed.

CA with 1501 and a FO with a MPL

or

CA at 65 yrs old with dementia and a FO with a MPL

Either way the future for wrongful death aviation lawyers is very bright. It will become a very big industry.

................ Lawyers :tease: Insurance underwriters

this is nothing but a lorenzo move by tilton. i dont understand what planes they will use. nobody but a united pilot can fly a united plane. i would assume aer lingus pilots have similar protection.

I hope somebody stops this...maybe Obama cause it basically sends US jobs overseas. IF every airline were to outsource its pilot group to say the chinese and indian students I am gonna run into a hole and hide ASAP!

One rule would save this whole industry. Make outsourcing illegal in the airline world.

Why stop there? Why don't we ban all outsourcing? No more toys or clothes from China, no more cars from Japan, no more wine from Italy, no more cheese from France, no more pineapple or coconut from the Philippines...all these things are available in the US and it would employ US workers if we would all just buy US products. While we're at it, we might as well prohibit international trade. We can all pay more for US products & services and maybe it will stimulate the economy better than a rescue bill. That way, everyone's job will be protected, not just airline pilots.

Why stop there? Why don't we ban all outsourcing? No more toys or clothes from China, no more cars from Japan, no more wine from Italy, no more cheese from France, no more pineapple or coconut from the Philippines...all these things are available in the US and it would employ US workers if we would all just buy US products. While we're at it, we might as well prohibit international trade. We can all pay more for US products & services and maybe it will stimulate the economy better than a rescue bill. That way, everyone's job will be protected, not just airline pilots.

You're confusing outsourcing with importing.

Back