Twin or Single

Given the choices, which would you choose

• Total voters
Engine failure in most twins is a non-issue I’d you’ve had even modest recent training. The problem is that nobody gets training in light twins. They get their multi addon and call it a day.

Those accidents in those 10 seconds happen to singles and twins. Loss of control is the most likely cause of a fatality, in any airplane. Usually landing or departing from an airport. CFIT is also still more likely to kill you than an engine failure, yet everyone seems to assume it won't happen to them.

Those accidents in those 10 seconds happen to singles and twins. Loss of control is the most likely cause of a fatality, in any airplane. Usually landing or departing from an airport. CFIT is also still more likely to kill you than an engine failure, yet everyone seems to assume it won't happen to them.

Again, lack of recent training usually the culprit.

@EIR when I get back in May we'll have to take the 180 on a site seeing adventure.
If you can swing it, we should fly to a location (~4/500 miles) to check out a bird. I TAS around 135-140.

Reactions: EIR
A V tail can at least get an aftermarket yaw damp added on, you cant fix a 310.

Nicely done picking the two most uncomfortable airplanes for pax possible and making us choose. Would you rather a sandy or a dry-- desert?

A V tail can at least get an aftermarket yaw damp added on, you cant fix a 310.

Nicely done picking the two most uncomfortable airplanes for pax possible and making us choose. Would you rather a sandy or a dry-- desert?
I'm not following. Do you care to elaborate on your experience? I thought the bench in the 310 was pretty comfortable and the rear seats in the 35 are probably more comfortable than the front seats in the Falcon. Also, a little rudder pressure does wonders in lieu of a YD.

I'm not following. Do you care to elaborate on your experience? I thought the bench in the 310 was pretty comfortable and the rear seats in the 35 are probably more comfortable than the front seats in the Falcon. Also, a little rudder pressure does wonders in lieu of a YD.
I flew both in new england berkshires in summers and i felt like both were too slippery on the ass (tailfishing) to have pax in the back. The 310 can almost get around sloshing tanks except you have to pull from tips so eventually you're gonna be sloshing. In smooth air all things being equal 310 is good, ive rid them on the coast with Cape feAIR and it's not noticable unless you're looking for it.

Keep in mind i was comparing it to a Navajo Chieftain so i might be a little over the top with my criticism. I wouldn't stick pax in either if given a choice, and I think the rudder trick makes the pilot feel like he's doing something to help and that's all it does.

Same fuel system I've got in my 421. Granted, not the best system out there, but hardly a big issue unless you've got an IQ under 90. Much ado about nothing. Amazes me that people will pay an extra $200k to go from a B to a C model and all they get is a simpler fuel selector and a trailing link gear out of it.

Same fuel system I've got in my 421. Granted, not the best system out there, but hardly a big issue unless you've got an IQ under 90. Much ado about nothing. Amazes me that people will pay an extra $200k to go from a B to a C model and all they get is a simpler fuel selector and a trailing link gear out of it.
It's almost like the free market determination is that $200k is worth the price. People under an iq of 90 shouldn't have that type of money to throw around. People above an iq of 90 bought the Navajo!

Boom! Zing! Apply water to burned area!

Navajo? Think looks like a tumor with wings.
You shut your who’re mouth.

Plus she looks a lot better in the air than any twin Cessna does up on jacks ;)

Attachments

• 2C92BCAB-8377-4221-B334-40F48DDD1DE0.png
    2C92BCAB-8377-4221-B334-40F48DDD1DE0.png
    926.7 KB · Views: 136
No 310's that I can ever recall, only C model 402's and a 414 that the bigwigs flew around. Not a tip tank in sight.
Human memory man, such a joke.

Did that island air group have them? Thr guys that shut down last year?

Back