Turkish Airlines Boeing 737 Crash, Amsterdam Schiphol

AngelFuree

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/world/11081633.asp?gid=244

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="h2008_news_detail_subject">Turkish Airlines plane crashes in Amsterdam, casualties reported</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="5">
spacer.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="h2008_news_detail_text" valign="top"><table valign="top" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <!--media başlangıç--> <style> .hurriyet2008-detailbox-newslink { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; color:#000000;} .hurriyet2008-detailbox-newslink:hover { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline; color:#990000;} </style> <!-- media bitiş--> </table>A Turkish Airlines plane has crashed during landing at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport, TV channels reported on Wednesday. Dogan News Agency said 135 passengers were on board and there were casualties.

A Turkish Airlines plane has crashed during landing at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport, TV channels reported on Wednesday.
Dogan News Agency (DHA) reported citing Dutch officials that 135 passengers were on board and there were casualties.
The plane reportedly broke into three sections upon impact, DHA said.
The plane was a Boeing 737-800 type, CNNTurk reported.
</td></tr></tbody></table>
I'm surprised CNN or the BBC are not showing anything yet. However, my friend says it's also on TV over there in Turkey. I hope there aren't any serious casualties.

Re: Turkish Airlines crash landing

Watching CNN right now. CNN says it's an A380?

I don't think Turkish has any 380's....

But how oh so big would that story be? CNN is probably drooling over the coverage of that. They'll probably huff and puff like little school girls when they find out it was some other type aircraft.

At least they're covering it. MSNBC has droll sports coverage, Fox is complaining about the Obama speech and CNN headline news has Nancy Grace babbling about some missing kid.

CNN (regular, not the headline) is showing an image and it looks like a 737-800 and it's "off airport".

At least they're covering it. MSNBC has droll sports coverage, Fox is complaining about the Obama speech and CNN headline news has Nancy Grace babbling about some missing kid.

CNN (regular, not the headline) is showing an image and it looks like a 737-800 and it's "off airport".

Hahaha, yes. CNN just corrected themselves.

CNN Innanashunal said the plane is in three pieces. Hope everyone got out okay.

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 343

Pardon the "home office" television and the iphone shot.

Apparently went down at 1040 CET.

CNN's reporting 1 dead, 20 injured, and 50 reported survivors (so far).

Now CNN reports that a Turkish spokesperson says that there are no deaths.
Awesome. I hope there are no deaths. There have been one-too-many crashes this year. What a bad way to start 2009.

News travels fast 'round here...

Nice TV doug, I bought my home office TV in college. :)

Thankfully for the pax there was no fire whatsoever. Very interesting there was no fire, considering the damage.

Back