TSLA now valued at 464.3B

No doubt, what’s there to work on?

Tesla has production quality issues, no question. But because they make it so easy to address anything that comes up they’ve taken the headache out of dealing with them. Perfect product? No. Functional and easy to live with through excellent customer service? Yes. Replicable from other manufacturers? We’ll see.

I don’t disagree with any of that.

Just circling back to my original point though, I don’t see anything that justifies their current valuations. Much top heavier than not only any car company (er, I mean every car company combined), but most established tech companies as well. Their will be a reality check there at some point, just a matter of when.

I don’t disagree with any of that.

Just circling back to my original point though, I don’t see anything that justifies their current valuations. Much top heavier than not only any car company (er, I mean every car company combined), but most established tech companies as well. Their will be a reality check there at some point, just a matter of when.
I completely agree :)

I hear you Todd, but I think the other guys are catching up quickly. GM supposedly has some pretty impressive autonomous technology in testing, and the Ford Mach-E currently does and is releasing more functional updates within the next 6 months.

If I were to guess, I’d imagine both GM and Ford are still playing catch-up... But I don’t see this as an insurmountable engineering challenge for them to at least be close to Tesla in the near term.

The hardest thing to do in engineering is to be innovative, but once something exists it’s relatively simple to reverse engineer it within the realm of legality (i.e. avoiding patent infringement and that sort of thing).

These articles are a complete joke and appear to be written by people who have only used the base version of the Tesla autopilot. Or they’re just in GM’s pocket.

Super Cruise is lame. You have to tell it when to change lanes. It won’t pass someone without you telling it to. It won’t take an interchange to keep you on your route unless you tell it which lane to get into. Etc. And that’s only addressing highway driving, which is all that GM’s system has even basic capabilities for. Teslas drive themselves on virtually any road, anywhere. No database needed like with Super Cruise.

Yes, we all know that you're an established Luddite.

Well, we definitely all know you keep saying that. You'll recall, I'm such a Luddite that I own a Tesla and fly a variety of shiny-screened jets. But carry on... (Or, are you attempting the Goebbels/Cheney/Trump keep-talking-smack-until-people-believe-it strategy??)

The good news? Now we all know more.* Now we all know that you defend driving while asleep. ...How about flying? Flying too??

We could have just left it at a laugh... Now we've gotta drag the stupid out in the open and rake it over the coals.

Defenses of stupid by bad logic don't typically win me over. Maybe they make you feel better. Hell, maybe the raw emotional appeal of their put-down nature wins you some sycophantic followers... Yet, at the end of the day, they demean both you and your argument.

*Here's an Emil Faber/Mr. Mackey Mashup for you: "Knowledge is Good, M'kay!"

Last edited:
Well, we definitely all know you keep saying that. You'll recall, I'm such a Luddite that I own a Tesla and fly a variety of shiny-screened jets. But carry on... (Or, are you attempting the Goebbels/Cheney/Trump keep-talking-smack-until-people-believe-it strategy??)

The good news? Now we all know more.* Now we all know that you defend driving while asleep. ...How about flying? Flying too??

We could have just left it at a laugh... Now we've gotta drag the stupid out in the open and rake it over the coals.

Defenses of stupid by bad logic don't typically win me over. Maybe the make you feel better. Hell, maybe the raw emotional appeal of their put-down nature wins you some sycophantic followers... Yet, at the end of the day, they demean both you and your argument.

*Here's an Emil Faber/Mr. Mackey Mashup for you: "Knowledge is Good, M'kay!"

You have an amazing ability to write lots of words about nothing.

Just had to raise this thread from the dead for a moment.

We have a Tesla Model Y and a Chevy Bolt. The Bolt is fine, but it lacks the expansive charging network, and simply does not have the same features even a base RWD Model 3 has for the same price. We'll be replacing the Bolt when the lease is up with a RWD Model 3 (without FSD; my wife wouldn't need it). GM has a long way to go.

By the way, I turn the autopilot on as I'm getting on the freeway in San Diego, and it takes me without intervention all the way to the offramp near LAX. It makes my drive to work downright pleasant.

Just had to raise this thread from the dead for a moment.

We have a Tesla Model Y and a Chevy Bolt. The Bolt is fine, but it lacks the expansive charging network, and simply does not have the same features even a base RWD Model 3 has for the same price. We'll be replacing the Bolt when the lease is up with a RWD Model 3 (without FSD; my wife wouldn't need it). GM has a long way to go.

By the way, I turn the autopilot on as I'm getting on the freeway in San Diego, and it takes me without intervention all the way to the offramp near LAX. It makes my drive to work downright pleasant.
How does it do with stop go or distance spacing on the freeway?

Forget Tesla, anyone else jump in the GME bandwagon?

I had 100 shares and sold them a few weeks ago. I think I’ll probably buy another 100 on Monday just for the hell of it... I do agree with the fundamentals for a short squeeze, it’s worth a look anyway!

I had 100 shares and sold them a few weeks ago. I think I’ll probably buy another 100 on Monday just for the hell of it... I do agree with the fundamentals for a short squeeze, it’s worth a look anyway!
Oh man, you would have killed it if you held on to them. Could probably still do well. I’ve got a handful, just for the heck of it. Also to stick it to the man :bounce:.

Forget Tesla, anyone else jump in the GME bandwagon?
D6EDFABD-DC69-483C-9DE9-02600AAC4354.jpeg

Old crotchety guy here...again... Ahem...

Please tell me you understand that "Fundamentals" have nothing to do with ephemeral, short-term, transactional trading "tactics"...

You do understand that, right? Or is English now a foreign language, too?

All that said, them shore is niiiiice purty words. You got a purty mouth, boy. ;)

Old crotchety guy here...again... Ahem...

Please tell me you understand that "Fundamentals" have nothing to do with ephemeral, short-term, transactional trading "tactics"...

You do understand that, right? Or is English now a foreign language, too?

All that said, them shore is niiiiice purty words. You got a purty mouth, boy. ;)

Seriously dude, what the heck is wrong with you?

Back