Truth about airline hiring

Doug, this site flushes out truth. It exposes the flaws in all of the marketing B.S. that's used to lure the uneducated. I think that when you carry the banner of truth, you ruffle some feathers. You are making the right people mad. Thank you!

Somehow methinks that the Comair section isn't going to get a name change anytime too soon
smirk.gif

Ray

I'm working with some people on it, but no update as of yet.

I can't believe the person who made the comment didn't fathom that it might possibly get back to me. Hello!?

The saddest part is that I think the training at CAA/DCA/whatever is actually pretty good. When I was a chief flight instructor, I hired two Comair graduates as CFIs. Both were good pilots and capable instructors who had been well-trained. If they could get off the marketing mumbo-jumbo (not to mention the gratuitous slander of our fearless leader) and just tell people they'll get quality training, they might be better off.

Yeah, I know ... and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

FL270

That's the worst part. They actually lost a potential student.

I have to say one thing about Comair/DCA/Whatever, they do turn out some good CFIs. Granted, you pay about $60K for everything. All of my instructors from my local FBO came out of DCA, and everyone of them has been top notch. Also, every one of them told me that they made a huge mistake going there, and they would NEVER recommend the school.

That’s the "rub" a lot of people don't realize how turned off the average individual is by negativity. I used to sell campers on the side; our major competitor was just two miles down the road. When a customer would ask about them I'd say "why don't you take a ride down there and check out their product, I'm confident after you compare you'll be back" Most people didn't make the ride, of those who did about 7 of 10 came back and inked the deal. Insults only sell to the insulting.

[ QUOTE ]
All of my instructors from my local FBO came out of DCA, and everyone of them has been top notch. Also, every one of them told me that they made a huge mistake going there, and they would NEVER recommend the school.

[/ QUOTE ] if they're top notch CFI's and got a good education there - then what was there reasoning for NEVER recommending the school? just monetary or others??

crickets over at the comair forum..either they are arranging a last minute stategy sessionon how to handle this or they simple don't care..after all, they are owned by Delta..
wink.gif

Yeah well they turn out some crap CFIs too. I will not mention names but I had to have quite a few "come to Jesus" meetings with exComair CFIs in several of my previous situations. I would say it was 90% an attitude problem.

I used to work there, too. I was in the pilot program for the turbine transition program, aka "Teaching Chinese to Fly Kingairs for Gulfstream."

When Steve Moore and Doug Anderson left, that place went down hill.

[ QUOTE ]
they're top notch CFI's and got a good education there - then what was there reasoning for NEVER recommending the school? just monetary or others??

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of it was that they felt they were ripped off for what they recieved. I'd feel ripped to if I paid $60K for my CFI,CFII, MEI. They also have poorly maintained a/c, bad scheduling, and WAY overcharge for ground school. Keep in mind that this is all second hand. Other opinions and mileage may vary.

I recieved a satisfactory explanation about the whole hubris. I haven't had a chance to call some people back yet, but I don't think it'll happen again.
smile.gif

Aviation is a small, small fraternity and stuff always gets out!

Back