Transitioning Army Helicopter Pilot to Commercial Fixed wing looking to gain flight time exoerience

fastest way to gains 200 hrs of fixed wing time

• Flight Instructor

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Ferry Flights

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Keep in mind the OP is a graduate of military flight school, so ATP mins Are 750. I think it's restricted, @WaterRooster ?

Yup, any military flight school qualifies for the Restricted ATP, 750 Hours. He just needs to meet the FW qualifications that are needed. PM me and I can walk you through it if you need any help.

Also, most of the regionals will take rotor time, SKW was asking for 500 hours FW when I got on. As for larger airlines, JetBlue takes all, and last I heard United and Delta were also starting to accept rotor time on a case by case basis.

FIFY

I'm not certain, but most regionals will accept a healthy chunk of rotor time. I know Mesa will.

If you can get to 1500 TT with 500 fixed wing, just about any regional will snap you up. Another 1000 121 jet SIC, and you can apply to the majors.

Thanks and @X-Forces I am mostly curious, I never understood the hate of rotor time with most majors. @WaterRooster what have been the cases accepted, if you know.

Thanks and @X-Forces I am mostly curious, I never understood the hate of rotor time with most majors. @WaterRooster what have been the cases accepted, if you know.

Regionals are hurting for pilots, so full rotor time is typically accepted. I know SkyWest, Envoy, Republic, and Air Wisconsin take it all. Some like SkyWest just have a fixed wing minimum they want you to have prior.

Regionals are hurting for pilots, so full rotor time is typically accepted. I know SkyWest, Envoy, Republic, and Air Wisconsin take it all. Some like SkyWest just have a fixed wing minimum they want you to have prior.

I was referring to the United and Delta cases...I have yet to hear of anything like that yet.

I was referring to the United and Delta cases...I have yet to hear of anything like that yet.

My bad! It applies to military rotors, and it really has to do with the fact you are military not so much that you have rotor time. The cases that I like to think of was a FO that got picked up by United 3100tt 1100 of that military rotor. When he asked when they started doing it he was told it depends on the candidate. That tells me if they like you and you are a little lite on time they accept it. Case by case for now, but Who knows if it will start to become more wide open.

Half the time I feel when you say Helicopter people think steam gauges and chicken wire. Hell, I fly a Mike model Blackhawk. Full glass, FMS, Flight director. Other then the fact that I hover, you mainly fly like an airplane. Just gotta try and break the stereotype I guess....

@WaterRooster
The FD/DCP is a POS compared to the 170's.
Also, someone needs to be slapped upside the head when they designed the PFD. Who the hell thought digital steam gauges was a good idea?

@WaterRooster
The FD/DCP is a POS compared to the 170's.
Also, someone needs to be slapped upside the head when they designed the PFD. Who the hell thought digital steam gauges was a good idea?

The designers weren't idiots. The Army thinks WE are idiots. Clearly we must duplicate A/L instruments on the Mike PFD or we won't understand it. But apparently it was okay to split the eng/xmsn instruments on the EICAS rather than keeping like-instruments together as on the A/L. That EICAS screws me up way more than the PFD does. And don't get me started on the 2GB of memory limitation.Or no DAFIF. Or no WAAS.

Wait, is this not a Mike Model complaint thread? :D

The designers weren't idiots. The Army thinks WE are idiots. Clearly we must duplicate A/L instruments on the Mike PFD or we won't understand it. But apparently it was okay to split the eng/xmsn instruments on the EICAS rather than keeping like-instruments together as on the A/L. That EICAS screws me up way more than the PFD does. And don't get me started on the 2GB of memory limitation.Or no DAFIF. Or no WAAS.

Wait, is this not a Mike Model complaint thread? :D

2 words...... GPS Direct! o_O

Ahhhh....utility pilots. :stir:

Y'all have too many distractions.

image.jpeg

Endeavor takes rotor time and is actively recruiting military guys. PM if you have any questions.

Back