TRACON Tour (signup?)

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Does anyone want to go on a ORD TRACON tour on Friday? Tony said he wants to and can bring his FAA issued pilot certificate with him.

anyone else want to join him? As long as I get the names of the folks that want to do a tour to them by, I think, Friday... we might be able to get one set up in time.

They will have to do a background check before validating the tour, so it could still end up being taken off the itinerary...but it's worth a shot if even one person wants to go.

IF you have your FAA issued pilot certificate and want to go (time sometime between 8am & 3pm), let me know now via this thread.

and yes, you would need to bring that certificate along with a valid passport or drivers license, with you on the tour.

Kristie, I don't want to be the only one going and make you work for just my benefit. However, if there are enough people who want to go, I'm in.

there are 2... any more? i need to get this list to Jeff (Avi8tor) ASAP so he can talk to the crew over there. he's been our liason in this whole thing :)

When on Friday?
I'd be game to go but I'm driving up from St. Louis so I might not be able to get there until noon or so.

I want to do it - but could I not bring Kris because she doesn't have a pilot's license?

nope, she can't go. only folks with a valid FAA certified pilots license.

We could schedule the tour for say 2pm if that would help Mike?

and if we're in town by then, she's more than welcome to hang with us till you get back! :)

We could turn Kris and Kristie loose on Michigan Avenue!

Easy for me to say, they're not married to me!:D

nope, she can't go. only folks with a valid FAA certified pilots license.

We could schedule the tour for say 2pm if that would help Mike?

and if we're in town by then, she's more than welcome to hang with us till you get back! :)
Sorry Kristie I didn't see this post until now. Yeah 2pm would work anything after noon should be good.
I'm working 5pm-5am thursday night and then making the drive after hopefully a little power nap.

ok, i've got Jeff working on it.

Ian, are you in or not?
Yes, I'm in.

I'm hoping to arrive around noon or so at PWK, and I might hit up Tony for that ride to the hotel. :D

So I guess 2pm would be a reasonable time for me. I'm also flying in with a student and part-time JC member who will also attend the event (I told him to register and pay) and I'll find out if he's going on the tour today.

i will definitely need to know by this afternoon as i'm giving Jeff the names this afternoon for the background check.

If he only has a student certificate - that won't work.

i will definitely need to know by this afternoon as i'm giving Jeff the names this afternoon for the background check.

If he only has a student certificate - that won't work.

I believe he is an instrument student which means he already has his private pilot certificate.....

should be good:

Hey - you guys still planning on flying in? I've got an instrument student who is also a very occasional JC member and we want to turn this into an Instrument XC for him. I was thinking PWK because it looks a little closer to ORD.

I'll be coming with Ian, and yes, I am an instrument student and thus do have my PPL. Let me know if there is anything else you need from me before I show up ;)

Patrick

Back