Today I logged My First Dual Given...

Jfk-Pilot

... to a seven year old.

He's name is leon, he is always around the flight school since he's my bosses son, so the little guy saved up enough money to pay for one hour of flight time in a c152.

IMG00258.jpg

Had a blast flying with the little guy. It was great seeing the kid face light up when i let him take over the flight controls, and then the tower at KSGJ had a good laugh too, when they heard a 7 year old making the initial call. :) Definitely wish I could do something like this more often.

That is all, folks.

Hope all of you have a splendid day.

Who are you flying for in SGJ? I'm thinking about doing some aerobatic and upset training down there in the next month or two...maybe I'll pop my head in. I promise I won't do what I've always wanted to do and take a Discovery Flight acting like I have no clue!:beer:

Plus, at this point in time, I really don't have a clue about piston flying any more. It's time to get back into it!!

Oh yeah, and that's a pretty cool story too.

Always good to hear about these kinds things. Thanks for posting it.

he's my bosses son, so the little guy saved up enough money to pay for one hour of flight time in a c152.
Its the bosses own son and he made the kid pay full rate? :eek: Harsh. I guess that tells you what you'll be able to expect when Christmas bonus time rolls around. ;)

Had a blast flying with the little guy. It was great seeing the kid face light up when i let him take over the flight controls, and then the tower at KSGJ had a good laugh too, when they heard a 7 year old making the initial call. :) Definitely wish I could do something like this more often.
I don't want to start a flame war to end all flame wars. But if you really want the chance to expose enthusiastic kids to avaiton more often, consider looking into the Civil Air Patrol. You'd be able to fly kids on orientation flights which are paid for by the Air Force. Beyond that the Young Eagles program is also good chance to get more kids involved.

Who are you flying for in SGJ? I'm thinking about doing some aerobatic and upset training down there in the next month or two...maybe I'll pop my head in. I promise I won't do what I've always wanted to do and take a Discovery Flight acting like I have no clue!:beer:

Plus, at this point in time, I really don't have a clue about piston flying any more. It's time to get back into it!!

Oh yeah, and that's a pretty cool story too.

Hey Man,

I fly for Florida Flyers US-European Flight school, the flight school opened up in January of this year, and we primarily train european customers, we currently have 2 warriors, 2 c-152s, 1 c-172sp, 1 c-172 g100, be-76 and a c172rg.

Now of course this doesnt really help you since, your looking for an acrobatic plane, but I do know a few old fella's on the field that hang around there hangers the whole day that have extras, pitts and decathlons, so i can try working something out with the, if you would like me to. If that doesnt work, I can try and get to patty wagstaff and see if i could pull some strings since she is based out ksgj :)

-Stan

Always good to hear about these kinds things. Thanks for posting it.

Its the bosses own son and he made the kid pay full rate? :eek: Harsh. I guess that tells you what you'll be able to expect when Christmas bonus time rolls around. ;)

I guess i should have been more clear he just paid for the plane, which is like 79 bucks, and i think its actually good parenting to teach the child from an early age, that if they work hard enough for something there will always be a reward, and teaches them the value of money. In regards to the christmas bonus, i just feel lucky that i have a job in this economy. :)

I don't want to start a flame war to end all flame wars. But if you really want the chance to expose enthusiastic kids to avaiton more often, consider looking into the Civil Air Patrol. You'd be able to fly kids on orientation flights which are paid for by the Air Force. Beyond that the Young Eagles program is also good chance to get more kids involved

I was actually going to call about those two programs later on this week, definitely something i would love to do..

I guess i should have been more clear he just paid for the plane, which is like 79 bucks, and i think its actually good parenting to teach the child from an early age, that if they work hard enough for something there will always be a reward, and teaches them the value of money. In regards to the christmas bonus, i just feel lucky that i have a job in this economy. :)
Oh I agree, its definitely good parenting. I was just razzin' ya a bit.

I was actually going to call about those two programs later on this week, definitely something i would love to do..
I don't know much about Young Eagles but PM me if you want any info about CAP.

Hey Man,

I fly for Florida Flyers US-European Flight school, the flight school opened up in January of this year, and we primarily train european customers, we currently have 2 warriors, 2 c-152s, 1 c-172sp, 1 c-172 g100, be-76 and a c172rg.

Now of course this doesnt really help you since, your looking for an acrobatic plane, but I do know a few old fella's on the field that hang around there hangers the whole day that have extras, pitts and decathlons, so i can try working something out with the, if you would like me to. If that doesnt work, I can try and get to patty wagstaff and see if i could pull some strings since she is based out ksgj :)

-Stan
Yes, I know she is based down there. I actually just learned that about 6 months ago. I wish I had known it when I was flying out of there.

There used to be an aerobatics school down there. I was planning on hitting them up, but am always looking to meet people and get into some hangar talk!!:beer: Of course, It's always nice to meet people with aerobatic airplanes too!!:D

Yes, I know she is based down there. I actually just learned that about 6 months ago. I wish I had known it when I was flying out of there.

There used to be an aerobatics school down there. I was planning on hitting them up, but am always looking to meet people and get into some hangar talk!!:beer: Of course, It's always nice to meet people with aerobatic airplanes too!!:D

Yea I'm still pretty new on the field, and getting to know more and more people. But if you are in the area please do stop by, would love to meet a fellow JC'er :)

Yea I'm still pretty new on the field, and getting to know more and more people. But if you are in the area please do stop by, would love to meet a fellow JC'er :)
It'll be a while, since I'm in Germany right now, and when I go home, I hop on a plane the following day for a family reunion in New Mexico, and then a cruise out of Cali. If I have time after that, I'll make my way down there. I'll shoot you a PM before I head down; it'll either be late August or mid September...we'll see how my schedule works out.

It'll be a while, since I'm in Germany right now, and when I go home, I hop on a plane the following day for a family reunion in New Mexico, and then a cruise out of Cali. If I have time after that, I'll make my way down there. I'll shoot you a PM before I head down; it'll either be late August or mid September...we'll see how my schedule works out.

Sounds good. :beer:

That's nice! If you are an EAA mamber, then you can do Young Eagles. They have requirements on what you need to fly kids for Young Eagles if someone was asking(Check with the EAA). I was wondering that too when I read this but that was cool you did that! Maybe one day, you will be instructing him and he will get his license too. Nice job and I hope you can make a pilot out of him someday!!!:)

I love flying into SGJ, especially communicating with ATC there...where is your school located at again (on the field)?

I love flying into SGJ, especially communicating with ATC there...where is your school located at again (on the field)?

yea we have some really nice folks working in the tower. Our actual office is off the field, but our airplanes are all parked on the south ramp.

CcrlR737AMT
Re: Today I logged My First Dual Given...
That's nice! If you are an EAA mamber, then you can do Young Eagles. They have requirements on what you need to fly kids for Young Eagles if someone was asking(Check with the EAA). I was wondering that too when I read this but that was cool you did that! Maybe one day, you will be instructing him and he will get his license too. Nice job and I hope you can make a pilot out of him someday!!!

Thanks Man, this little event definitely made me want to take part of a new organization, and looking at EAA's website, it looks like they are great organization that really want to keep GA going strong.

Back