Time Off

aviatorchris

I know nobody on here can answer this question 100% just because I'm sure its accepted and denied randomly. But heres my situation. I'm PUBNAT2 and have my sisters wedding to go to May 2, 2009 for a week in mexico.

1)How likely is it for me to Get to PEPC, OKC, and to my facility before this date?

2)And how likely am I to be able to get a week off starting so soon?

Just curious if any people have exspereince with this?

Thanks!

I doubt you'll be through OKC academy by then, and There really is no time off except on weekends there.

I'm still wondering what time off is though, anybody know how that works for Developmental Stage 1? Not that I plan on taking an enourmous amount of time off during the learning stage, just good to plan ahead.

I was told that time off for non-CPC would based on senority among the non-CPCs. Same as the CPCs only its seperated. Just what I've been told, not sure if it really works that way.

I was told that time off for non-CPC would based on senority among the non-CPCs. Same as the CPCs only its seperated. Just what I've been told, not sure if it really works that way.

Good info, still doesn't explain exactly how much time you get off. As in do you get a week vacation, a certain amount of hours per pay period, etc.

I know nobody on here can answer this question 100% just because I'm sure its accepted and denied randomly. But heres my situation. I'm PUBNAT2 and have my sisters wedding to go to May 2, 2009 for a week in mexico.

1)How likely is it for me to Get to PEPC, OKC, and to my facility before this date?

2)And how likely am I to be able to get a week off starting so soon?

Just curious if any people have exspereince with this?

Thanks!

You get 4 hours per pay period starting from day one at the Academy. As far as using it, I'm sure that varies by facility, but using it while in OKC is out of the question.

Ya I'm hoping for a January OKC date but I may be optomistic.

:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:
:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:
:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::rolleyes::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

"OPTIMISTIC" lol

did I go overboard with the smileys?

:yeahthat:

okc by january.....

I had pepc in early july and am getting an okc date in late october.(about 4 months) And from what it seems there are a lot of people getting start dates into december and even more waiting now. Your best bet is if you go through the process of a PEPC. Just ask for a later class date.

I don't know how fast you can get in and out of the academy. I had lunch with my facility manager today and he said to take time at the holidays this year because I can kiss them goodbye. As a developmental, you don't contribute anything of value to the tower they could care less if you want to take time off. They don't have to get someone to cover for you...

I've been wondering about time off as well. I am planning a wedding for May 23rd of 2009. I have been just hoping that it doesn't conflict with the ATC training.

I've been wondering about time off as well. I am planning a wedding for May 23rd of 2009. I have been just hoping that it doesn't conflict with the ATC training.

Im not alone! yeah man im hoping for the best but unless they hurry their ass up not looking good.

Does anyone know how long OKC takes from Basics to Facility for Tower/APP, and for Enroute

Im not alone! yeah man im hoping for the best but unless they hurry their ass up not looking good.

Does anyone know how long OKC takes from Basics to Facility for Tower/APP, and for Enroute

Tower & up/down are about 12 weeks (up/down will eventually have to return to OKC for about 4 weeks for radar training)
TRACON is about 10 weeks
Enroute is about 16 weeks

I'm getting married the same day! Actually it was moved to that day from Oct. b/c I thought I would be in OKC from Sept-Dec.
Hope I don't have to move it again.

I'm getting married the same day! Actually it was moved to that day from Oct. b/c I thought I would be in OKC from Sept-Dec.
Hope I don't have to move it again.
That's cool. We just came up with the date last week. Now all the work begins....

Back