Time Off

219775507_m.jpg

2618873327_4aab9a1206.jpg

I'll be getting married next year also, thankfully, I already know my OKC date, so I have planned around that(2 weeks after leaving okc). I just hope that I would be able to get a few days off to get it done. Do the managers give any consideration to this type of event?

I know nobody on here can answer this question 100% just because I'm sure its accepted and denied randomly. But heres my situation. I'm PUBNAT2 and have my sisters wedding to go to May 2, 2009 for a week in mexico.

1)How likely is it for me to Get to PEPC, OKC, and to my facility before this date?

2)And how likely am I to be able to get a week off starting so soon?

Just curious if any people have exspereince with this?

Thanks!

Good luck with getting an OKC date by May '09....I am looking at Oct. '09 OKC date.

How do you think it will change?

Making ATC inherently governmental again fairly quickly and a return to the bargaining table within 6 months; with the "Green Book" possibly reinstated temporarily. Things are going to change fairly rapidly as a lot of the rats are starting to leave the ship on January 3rd before they are shown the door.

Making ATC inherently governmental again fairly quickly and a return to the bargaining table within 6 months; with the "Green Book" reinstated temporarily. Things are going to change fairly rapidly as a lot of the rats are starting to leave the ship on January 3rd before they are shown the door.
Sweet.

Making ATC inherently governmental again fairly quickly and a return to the bargaining table within 6 months; with the "Green Book" possibly reinstated temporarily. Things are going to change fairly rapidly as a lot of the rats are starting to leave the ship on January 3rd before they are shown the door.

There is only one appropriate song for this...

Now I've been happy lately,
thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be,
something good has begun

Oh I've been smiling lately,
dreaming about the world as one
some day it's going to come

Cause out on the edge of darkness,
there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country,
come take me home again

Now I've been smiling lately,
thinking about the good things to come
something good has begun

Oh peace train sounding louder
Glide on the peace train
Come on now peace train
Yes, peace train holy roller

Everyone jump upon the peace train
Come on now peace train

Get your bags together,
go bring your good friends too
Cause it's getting nearer,
it soon will be with you

Now come and join the living,
it's not so far from you
And it's getting nearer,
soon it will all be true

Now I've been crying lately,
thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating,
why can't we live in bliss

Cause out on the edge of darkness,
there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country,
come take me home again

NO facility is going to approve leave while your at the academy I'm off the thursday of thanksgiving go back in that friday and then have saturday and sunday off. So basically unless you're dying they won't let you off and even then you have to bring your dying self to campus to go to the FAA health center (Cami) to be approved leave.

Once you get to your facility however you can take as much leave as you'd like, its up to you how soon you want to get through training. I'm graduating Dec. 19th I get that Sat. and Sun. RDOs Monday is my travel day and they're giving me until the day after Christmas to move so yeah but after you're checked out you can kiss those big holiday's goodbye.

Timeframe for Terminal from Basics through Tower: class started Sept. 26 and I'm graduating Dec. 19th someone else can doo the math (I think its 5 weeks of basics and 36 days of Tower training and then add PV days on top of that).

and those are days in the classroom I believe because I've been here for 53 days and that includes weekends and two holidays. Tower, no basics

Back