Thoughts? Pushback clearance not required, but...

Sorry, I don't mean to hate on all sushi rolls. I do hate on the Americanized versions that have basically as much in common with actual sushi as a side of rice with a hamburger.
We need more conveyor belt sushi places like I had in Tokyo.

To be fair, I also greatly enjoy the sushi we have here. Best sashimi I ever had was at the end of a fishing trip off the north end of Hawaii. The boat Capt was cleaning the tuna we caught that day and was just handing me pieces to eat while he cut it all up for me to take home. Still warm. Melt in your mouth. Made the cost of the trip completely worth it.

So there I was in AUS last night enjoying my tacos with one hand and programming the FMS with the other when I saw Virgin taxi in. On taxi out I heard them call for push, there were no entertaining exchanges on 121.9, but we did see a Delta Air Lines jet with 5 emergency vehicles in tow.

I don't think I realized how few gates AUS has. For the fastest growing city in America, you would think there'd be a new terminal going up right now. Or perhaps Austin Exec should look into pursuing airline service.

As a side note, I worked on the feasibility analysis for TKI as a third Metroplex option.

I don't think I realized how few gates AUS has. For the fastest growing city in America, you would think there'd be a new terminal going up right now. Or perhaps Austin Exec should look into pursuing airline service.

As a side note, I worked on the feasibility analysis for TKI as a third Metroplex option.
I know you’re in the know, so I’m sure you know, but they have big plans for additional terminal etc.. it’s just way too late.

Also, what were the findings for TKI? I used to shoot approached into there all the time. Great airport, but hard to imagine airline service there.

Thoughts? Austin doesn't want a push call, ramp is uncontrolled, pilots can't see what's behind them - how is anyone blaming SWA for what happened here? Ground even suggested that Virgin could sidestep and go around them just like everyone else does. But somehow this is going to get "reported" as a violation and it was "extremely unprofessional of those pilots to push"? Admittedly the taunts on the radio were not good and I might have said something to my coworkers but I don't think I would have said that over the radio.

“AUSTIN (KXAN) — The acting Deputy Chief of Operations at Austin’s airport, Loren Lintner, said he expects a new safety control program to be operating by the end of February.

Lintner presented new details about the ramp control program during an Airport Advisory Committee meeting this week. There he said the airport’s ramp has become chaotic as traffic continues to increase.”

“[T]he option that Austin is striving for, is a virtual program. This includes cameras and software that give a team of employees visuals of the entire ramp. The employees are usually sat in a room somewhere in the terminal. Houston Intercontinental Airport has a virtual program.”

IMG_5358.png

to be fair...with a threat based brief....ATC is the biggest threat in Austn.

“AUSTIN (KXAN) — The acting Deputy Chief of Operations at Austin’s airport, Loren Lintner, said he expects a new safety control program to be operating by the end of February.

Lintner presented new details about the ramp control program during an Airport Advisory Committee meeting this week. There he said the airport’s ramp has become chaotic as traffic continues to increase.”

“[T]he option that Austin is striving for, is a virtual program. This includes cameras and software that give a team of employees visuals of the entire ramp. The employees are usually sat in a room somewhere in the terminal. Houston Intercontinental Airport has a virtual program.”

View attachment 75477

Yeah, like IAH is a shining example of ramp operations…😂

Back