Thoughts? Pushback clearance not required, but...

I was gonna say, they are HARDLY the benchmark of a well-oiled machine.

As far as I can tell the Port of Seattle (POS) strives to be the worst and regularly sets a new benchmark for chaos, inside and outside of the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People always bag on SEA, but in my 20ish yrs of flying there, I’ve never had a bad experience. Maybe I’ve just been lucky…

Even “Mecca” does pretty ok.

But: IAH, ORD, JFK, LGA, EWR, DCA? Oh, Lordy!!!

I always wondered how much money was lost each year due to poor ramp controlling. There are very few places that seem capable of doing it effectively and bad execution causes compounding issues throughout the network

People always bag on SEA, but in my 20ish yrs of flying there, I’ve never had a bad experience. Maybe I’ve just been lucky…

I think maybe it is the sense that things don't need to be as complicated and inefficient in SEA as they are. It is a high volume airport, but not at the ORD/NYC Tri-Site level. Which are places I would expect inconveniences at times. That said, most of my complaints reside between the employee parking lot, and the jet bridge, so problems that are mostly specific to locals.

I like flying out of Mecca far more than EWR or ORD. Much more predictable. LGA seems ok since they rebuilt the terminals, I used to hate going there before.

I think maybe it is the sense that things don't need to be as complicated and inefficient in SEA as they are. It is a high volume airport, but not at the ORD/NYC Tri-Site level. Which are places I would expect inconveniences at times. That said, most of my complaints reside between the employee parking lot, and the jet bridge, so problems that are mostly specific to locals.

Its 90% between the employee lot and jet bridge which is why I said, chaos inside and outside of the terminal.

Not that it should affect ramp traffic much, but the SEC 2024 schedule was announced this week and the inaugural UGA-Texas game will be there the same weekend as the Formula1 race (Oct 18). It will be amazing.

Back