This should be interesting

Nick6485

I'm supposed to go flying this Thursday through this mess made up of TFR's.

TFR-1.jpg

Should make for an interesting flight.

I've had to cancel 6 flights!!! I told them all to send their complaints to the Department of Defense! :banghead:

That looks vaguely familiar....welcome to our world here on the east coast...

(although it's round now and I don't fool with it anymore :p)

What program did you use to create that neat map?

Actually its off of, runwayfinder.com

A briefer from FSS gave me the link. It even gives the TFR info when you click on them. Its great for reference. I wouldn't substitute this in place of an official briefing though.

Actually its off of, runwayfinder.com

A briefer from FSS gave me the link. It even gives the TFR info when you click on them. Its great for reference. I wouldn't substitute this in place of an official briefing though.

Cool, thanks!

I wanna say i saw some military aircraft patrolling the airspace over the valley today. Well what I saw was someone making big circular contrails and just assumed what it was.

I wanna say i saw some military aircraft patrolling the airspace over the valley today. Well what I saw was someone making big circular contrails and just assumed what it was.

Could be. I know the KC-135's and the 4 F-16's out of March ARB are part of the support package while Obama is out here.

When I was flying traffic watch there were 4 UH-60s patroling while Marine One (i'm saying Marine One, even though the president was obviously not in it, but it's easy to say that than the presidents helicopter) was doing what looked like tours of LA. I'm assuming they were possibly doing training flights or just scoping everything out but they were definitely hanging out around the Hollywood sign and other landmarks as if giving tours.

When I was coming from El Monte they were going the opposite direction, all 5 of them spread out heading directly at me, was really really really cool lol

When I was flying traffic watch there were 4 UH-60s patroling while Marine One (i'm saying Marine One, even though the president was obviously not in it, but it's easy to say that than the presidents helicopter) was doing what looked like tours of LA. I'm assuming they were possibly doing training flights or just scoping everything out but they were definitely hanging out around the Hollywood sign and other landmarks as if giving tours.

When I was coming from El Monte they were going the opposite direction, all 5 of them spread out heading directly at me, was really really really cool lol

We'll be knocking on your door shortly.....have an overnight bag ready.

:D

I'm sorry, but does anybody besides me think that shutting down all that traffic over the LA basin is just a tad bit ridiculous?

You know I thought that I shouldn't disclose that but then I realized that if they didn't want anyone seeing them do it they wouldn't of done it with everyone watching

You know I thought that I shouldn't disclose that but then I realized that if they didn't want anyone seeing them do it they wouldn't of done it with everyone watching

LOL! I was just kidding with you. You, and a few thousand on the ground, saw the same thing. :D

No way dude, it was only me! I was definitely the only one on frequency in the LA basin... it's probably some conspiracy that I just snuck up on.

No way dude, it was only me! I was definitely the only one on frequency in the LA basin... it's probably some conspiracy that I just snuck up on.

You had your chance to recant......

i got on the ground today about 20 minutes before the first of the TFR's went up. happy that thursdays are my day off and i wont have to negotiate the socal airspace tomorrow

Back