Thinking of moving to Alaska...

Hey Splash,

I applied a few months ago with ~700tt, but no Alaska. I didn't follow up at the time because I thought they'd have me sitting right seat in the Van until 1200 and the FO pay is...not good. Their chief pilot is out of town, but I'm going to call them again Monday. I'll let you know what I hear.

Hey Splash,

I applied a few months ago with ~700tt, but no Alaska. I didn't follow up at the time because I thought they'd have me sitting right seat in the Van until 1200 and the FO pay is...not good. Their chief pilot is out of town, but I'm going to call them again Monday. I'll let you know what I hear.

Thank you for the input but I'm not spinning these wheels anymore. I'm exhausted and I suffered enough. Good luck in your path. I have learned much from the little time I spent flying in Al. The pay was terrible ($15/day per diem) because I never got a 135 checkride the winter month I was there. You should ask about this before you accept the offer. This really got my goat! The company opperation in Bethel was bought out by Hag (...I believe Hag bought it). I lost job. You'll learn alot about beating the ice if you decide to go.

I'll peek around from time to time to see how you fellas and ladies are doing. Maybe catch ya'll in the lav sometime? Happy trails :eek:

Hey Splash,

Well, in my experience there them seems to work the FOs like crazy until you get into the sled. I got paid more as an FO somewhere else but I flew a LOT more and made a lot more at Hagland.

Thank you for the input but I'm not spinning these wheels anymore. I'm exhausted and I suffered enough. Good luck in your path. I have learned much from the little time I spent flying in Al. The pay was terrible ($15/day per diem) because I never got a 135 checkride the winter month I was there. You should ask about this before you accept the offer. This really got my goat! The company opperation in Bethel was bought out by Hag (...I believe Hag bought it). I lost job. You'll learn alot about beating the ice if you decide to go.

I'll peek around from time to time to see how you fellas and ladies are doing. Maybe catch ya'll in the lav sometime? Happy trails :eek:
Simply put you were at a crappy operator. Hageland FO pay is about 4-5 times that (yeah, not good but whatever) and as I mentioned in my last post they like to work you hard until you have the mins for the sled.

Where did you go dude?

For anyone else interested...Hageland is not hiring until March, but will begin reviewing application in January.

Any of you Alaska folk that know of any jobs...actually you know what...Anyone anywhere that knows of any jobs let me know.

Back