Thinking of moving to Alaska...

What are Hagelands minimums. i was thinking about flying for them but not sure if they will take me. I have 400 hours...well you can read my stuff bellow. anyways I graduated highschool in Galena, then joined the airforce did my four years and just separated recently. Now I am back up here and really want to fly again. What can a low time guy like me do. yes I know tourist season is over so the jobs are low but I will take anything anywhere (I love the interior). lots of alaska time. oh and I teach at Elmendorf Aero Club. I am sure some in here are familiar.
Hey, welcome to the site:)

When did you take your AT-SAT? I have a good friend who just recently took it here in Anchorage and is still waiting on her score. Atleast she was when I last talked to her.

Hey, welcome to the site:)

When did you take your AT-SAT? I have a good friend who just recently took it here in Anchorage and is still waiting on her score. Atleast she was when I last talked to her.

it was just a couple of weeks ago. I think Robbinson only comes up here once a year so she and I had to have taken it on the same day. at the Ramada. Is she at UAA? look all she has to do is go to this site and log in.

https://jobs02.faa.gov/asap

if she doesnt have a login then she needs to make one. all of our scores should have been posted at the same time, since we all took the test at the same time. The score should be on the first page but if it isnt then tell her to check under the USER INFORMATION tab and then click the TEST INFORMATION tab and it should be there. She and I are most likely in the same pool and will prob get interviewed by the same people and prob go to Oklahoma City together with the rest of the "PASSING" group.

you might recomend she get on here and read some of the forums. after the test scores are posted we will be expecting an email to get interviewed.

anyone think it was particularly cold this morning? I got up at 5 am to play some of the army guys on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceType alt=
</st1:placeType>Ft. <st1:placeName w:st="on">Richardson</st1:placeName></ST1:p some Racquet ball and on my way over to the Elmendorf Aero Club to prepare for a ground school class I have to teach today I thought...OMG! it is really cold, why do I live here? I could swear it was in the negatives this morning. Freezing by butt off.

<O:p</O:p

you know it is just going to get colder and darker too!<O:p</O:p
looking on the bright side only one more month of darkness then the trend will reverse!<O:p</O:p

woo hoo come on 24 hour sun!

also has anyone in the Anchorage area flown in the past couple of days or has it been too foggy for you too?<O:p</O:p

it was just a couple of weeks ago. I think Robbinson only comes up here once a year so she and I had to have taken it on the same day. at the Ramada.
Yeah, she knows all about it. She is just anxiously awaiting her score.
anyone think it was particularly cold this morning? I got up at 5 am to play some of the army guys on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceType alt=
</st1:placeType>Ft. <st1:placeName w:st="on">Richardson</st1:placeName></ST1:p some Racquet ball and on my way over to the Elmendorf Aero Club to prepare for a ground school class I have to teach today I thought...OMG! it is really cold, why do I live here? I could swear it was in the negatives this morning. Freezing by butt off.

you know it is just going to get colder and darker too!<O:p</O:p
looking on the bright side only one more month of darkness then the trend will reverse!<O:p</O:p

woo hoo come on 24 hour sun!

also has anyone in the Anchorage area flown in the past couple of days or has it been too foggy for you too?<O:p</O:p
At work this morning(2AM) it said about nine degrees, but they said it was -1 in Palmer.:crazy: We need more snow to go play in:)

And yes, flight ops has been pretty slow the past couple days. I am hopefully going up in a couple hours.

yeah thats what I thought. Wasilla couldnt have been that much diff. It was really cold. today is pretty clear though huh? windy

any flying for ya?

yeah thats what I thought. Wasilla couldnt have been that much diff. It was really cold. today is pretty clear though huh? windy

any flying for ya?
Yep, got to go up. Kind of bumpy up there. Our Captone equipped aircraft was showing gusts around 48kts over Goose Bay.:nana2:

Yep, got to go up. Kind of bumpy up there. Our Captone equipped aircraft was showing gusts around 48kts over Goose Bay.:nana2:

Yeah boy. Yesterday flying the sled I was at 165kts in level cruise. That doesn't happen that often in the sled. Shirleyville and Tyonek were pretty rough yesterday too.

Yeah boy. Yesterday flying the sled I was at 165kts in level cruise. That doesn't happen that often in the sled. Shirleyville and Tyonek were pretty rough yesterday too.
You guys were busy yesterday about 2. I was hearing your callsigns everywhere:bandit:

You boys got some balls you do!

We had some gusts to 65 and some pretty stiff and steady winds and still both Ace and AAT came into Tatitlek. My 150 was hopping around at its tie downs. You boys were earning your pay yesterday ~ and then some!

I got a kick out of talking to the passengers who just had to go to town and back yesterday. There were some really wide eyes when I asked them about whether they experienced any turbulence or not.

I imagine the flow was pretty laminar once you got up to alt and above the jagged peaks and venturi valleys. Surprisingly, most all of the PIREPS in SC hardly even mentioned turb yesterday. More than I coulda handled in 53J though.

Can't wait to join in!

Nope, I was in 08W. 07V I beleive is out of service with gear problems right now.

Sounds about right, those RGs are maintenance hogs on the gear. Right on though. I'm liking this every day I go to college the weather sucks, and every day I'm out of class the weather is great. Lets that block time be racked up come pay day.

So, I decided to take an aviation class next semester over at the avcenter or whatever its called. Transport aircraft systems or something like that, is it any good?

Sounds about right, those RGs are maintenance hogs on the gear. Right on though. I'm liking this every day I go to college the weather sucks, and every day I'm out of class the weather is great. Lets that block time be racked up come pay day.

So, I decided to take an aviation class next semester over at the avcenter or whatever its called. Transport aircraft systems or something like that, is it any good?
That is some good luck on your part.:)

I havent taken that class, and I dont even recognize the professors name. Sounds like a cool class. I will see you around though, I have class at the same time as yours.

500TT if you have alaska time. You'll go into the right seat of the van until you break 1000TT then into the sled left seat.

Do they pull guys from the lesser 48? I have about 50 Alaska time and 760 TT. Do they still offer vocational work (14 days on/7 off) or whatever it may be with pilot housing?

Do they pull guys from the lesser 48? I have about 50 Alaska time and 760 TT. Do they still offer vocational work (14 days on/7 off) or whatever it may be with pilot housing?
Yep, they do. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. You might get in on it, but you'd have to come to anchorage for an interview, and they probably wouldn't pay for it. However, the money is good (welll, not initially, but after they put you in the sled) and the scenery changes.

Back