Thinking about adding a CFI to my certs.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
I'm thinking about adding a CFI to my certs this winter, maybe jumping on the jet and going down someplace to do an accelerated program. Anyone have any good programs that could be done in 10 days or less? Just curious as of yet, I looked into a place in Iowa, and into MN Aviation, both seem fairly reasonable.

I'm thinking about adding a CFI to my certs this winter, maybe jumping on the jet and going down someplace to do an accelerated program. Anyone have any good programs that could be done in 10 days or less? Just curious as of yet, I looked into a place in Iowa, and into MN Aviation, both seem fairly reasonable.

Good for you Pat.

I'm sure you have the skill and the study habits, better then most to do the ATP thing.

Honestly a fully prepared applicant can be ready for a sign off in 10 days or less easily from anywhere, especially without paying so much for the "Fast Paced" programs. The CFI cert is 99.99% your own self study and hard work. If you started working on developing your own lesson plans now, you could go get the required time in, and signed off for the ride really quick.

Particularly an applicant that wasn't a Private pilot just 2 or 3 weeks previous to the CFI ride

Honestly a fully prepared applicant can be ready for a sign off in 10 days or less easily from anywhere, especially without paying so much for the "Fast Paced" programs. The CFI cert is 99.99% your own self study and hard work. If you started working on developing your own lesson plans now, you could go get the required time in, and signed off for the ride really quick.

Particularly an applicant that wasn't a Private pilot just 2 or 3 weeks previous to the CFI ride

Agreed 100%

I did the ATP course in Vegas. I think since you have flown more than just a 172, you'll have a good foundation to complete the course.

Not to brag, or maybe a little bit, I was the only one of 7 to get through in the time allotted. Preparation beforehand was key.

I did the ATP course in Vegas. I think since you have flown more than just a 172, you'll have a good foundation to complete the course.

Not to brag, or maybe a little bit, I was the only one of 7 to get through in the time allotted. Preparation beforehand was key.

Excellent, I appreciate that, by the way man, did you get my PM?

I'm adding the CFI and II to my certs, figure I got lucky with random flying jobs but now really want to do it!

I'm studying to get the tests out of the way

I had a friend go through ATP in Atlanta about a month ago, said he got CFI/II/MEI in 19 days (they advertise 14 days), he had the writtens and had his AGI/IGI certs to show the DFE for the checkrides. The ONLY complaint he had is that its their way or the highway and they constantly remind you that your buying the certs not the flight time.

p.s. if you go over your alotted flight time its $385 / hour

p.p.s. I'm not going though ATP

gl

Talk to Michael at Career Pilot School. They have a great progrm IMO. Still running around 99% first time pass on CFI-A with the KCFSDO!

Anyone can get a CFI certificate.

A good CFI draws upon his or her personal experience which is something you have plenty of. Run though one of the programs at ATP just to get the certificate and then disregard 98% of the BS they throw at you.

Yeah dude, thanks for the info.

esa17 nailed it on the head. You buy the cert's at ATP, it's up to you to teach.

p.s. if you go over your alotted flight time its $385 / hour
l

So true, if you do go ATP budget at least 3 weeks and if t looks like you're going over the 7 allotted twin hours pay the difference for the extra 8 hrs (for the 15 hr program). 8 hr 4 $1k sure beats $385/hr

I am neither recommending for or against ATP just lessons learned

If you do decide to do the ATP CFI course, come down to the FTY (Atlanta location) for that beer.

Or, you can look into an even closer training establishment that's right down the road from me. . .they certainly would appreciate the business. Except it's ran by an airline guy, so you might stink after you leave.

Check out Star-Bright Aviation, and the posted prices on this website. No one can touch them...seriously....a $3700 private including all fees, books, housing, checkride, wet, Pt. 141. 100 TWIN block time is $110.00 per hour WET, including instructor (insurance) and free housing at the airport. CFI/MEI is cheap too--I know, I'm working on my MEI there now. You can fly as often as you want and get finished as quickly as you want.....PM me me for details or just write them. :beer:

If you do decide to do the ATP CFI course, come down to the FTY (Atlanta location) for that beer.

Or, you can look into an even closer training establishment that's right down the road from me. . .they certainly would appreciate the business. Except it's ran by an airline guy, so you might stink after you leave.

I'm sure it'd be a good thing actually, it can't hurt to have a different perspective on things. Do they have an accelerated program of any kind?

Back