Thinking about adding a CFI to my certs.

Pretty sure they do. . .i'll check into it later.

Drop me a PM w/ your budget and what you're specifically looking for. Just CFI? Or CFI and an additional?

Check out Star-Bright Aviation, and the posted prices on this website. No one can touch them...seriously....a $3700 private including all fees, books, housing, checkride, wet, Pt. 141. 100 TWIN block time is $110.00 per hour WET, including instructor (insurance) and free housing at the airport. CFI/MEI is cheap too--I know, I'm working on my MEI there now. You can fly as often as you want and get finished as quickly as you want.....PM me me for details or just write them. :beer:
Must be more than one because on the website I found an accelerated private is $6800?

I would most definitely do the an accelerated course, and from what I hear ATP is one of the best. I'm pretty sure ATP does this, but try to find a place that does an in-house checkride for CFI.

When I put in for my CFI ride with the local FSDO I had to give them 3 weeks (15 business days) for scheduling, which on top of that was another 2 weeks, and when I finally got down there they grounded the airplane. And from there it took me a year to get everything just "perfect" to take the checkride. I know it costs extra to take your ride with a DPE but it will save you time and money in the long run.

I'm just reiterating what others have said but it's all self study. You can do it anywhere. All of my CFI rides were mostly oral. Get the written's out of the way then spend a couple days cranking out lesson plans. 10 hours or less in an airplane after that and you should be ready. Good luck!

Back