Things That Are No More

MeigsField.jpg

Go to hell, Richard M. Daley. :mad:

You know meigs has been closed for almost 6 years get over it already. Why don't you come to chicago and I'll show you all the good things that daley has done for our city. A lot of people from out of town only hear the bad things about daley, they very rarely hear or see the good he has done.

You know meigs has been closed for almost 6 years get over it already. Why don't you come to chicago and I'll show you all the good things that daley has done for our city. A lot of people from out of town only hear the bad things about daley, they very rarely hear or see the good he has done.

####, I would happy if he could get the blue line to run on time.

Screw that. . .

I won't return to Chicago because the city gave Bill Ayers (a terrorist!111oneoneoenexlamationmark1111!!) a "Citizen of the Year" award in 1997.

I'm not visiting a city that openly supports a TERRORIST!

:sarcasm:

And I'm sure all the employees thought their respective companies would be around til they retired. . .

Oh how trusting management will get you no where quick.

Old Paint scheme.
BWIA.jpg

Last paint scheme before they folded. Arguably one of the best paint schemes ever.
BWIA 340.jpg

And...
HFB-320 Hansa.jpg

Stapleton International Airport

stapleton_main.jpg
I did a case study on that redevelopment for a class in college (studied urban planning). I'd rather see it as an airport, but they'd already replaced it with something better. It's odd how they never really cleared it all out before putting houses on it.
It's one of the closed airports in America that I don't get all huffy about. Most of the time, it's due to incompatible-use encroachment, which slays me.
It would've been cooler to do something with the airport itself and keep the footprint to show the legacy of the land.

I did a case study on that redevelopment for a class in college (studied urban planning). I'd rather see it as an airport, but they'd already replaced it with something better. It's odd how they never really cleared it all out before putting houses on it.
It's one of the closed airports in America that I don't get all huffy about. Most of the time, it's due to incompatible-use encroachment, which slays me.
It would've been cooler to do something with the airport itself and keep the footprint to show the legacy of the land.

DEN was a cool airport to shoot from............

1512.jpg

I got to ride on this one a few times in 70's/early 80's from DFW-Honolulu.
Such a sweet ride!

Back