Things are looking up

Soonermurph

The economy is turning and the airline industry seems to be making a rebound. I heard a report the airline industry will grow 10% next year; even more for the regionals. To those (me included) who decided to stick it out and train during the tough times, we are about to receive a reward. So Doug, when are you going to update your newsletter?

Don't start celebrating yet. Remember, there are thousands of people who need to be recalled before they start hiring new people.

But at least they aren't putting more people on the street!

I need to update the newsletter big time. However, most of my little bursts of creativity normally get posted in the forum.

But soon! Maybe I'll make a holiday edition or something.

I'm with Tony on this one. Cautious optimism seems to be the proper tack lately.

What stresses me out more than anything is that even though the furloughs have stopped and hiring might start after the recalls, we're on pretty thin ice. One more attack, a few major accidents, or anything else that undermines the economy or consumer confidence and the aviation industry will tank again . . .

Not very reassuring for those of us who are just now working our way through training! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

When you say there is no hiring right now I assume you're referring to the Major/National airlines. Freight and regionals have been hiring for a while now. Perhaps not at the levels they once were but pilots are still getting jobs at those levels.

I believe the economy is turning around as well. I hate to jinx myself and everyone else but I think things are looking up for us low time pilots.
**crossing fingers**

I agree with braidkid and will go a step further to say that I'll be surprised by net growth anywhere but at the regionals and LCCs for the next few years.

[ QUOTE ]
Freight ... have been hiring for a while now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but UPS, Fedex, and ABX are not hiring... I haven't seen anything since 9/11. Kinda weird, considering that cargo operations are actually increasing every year.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Freight ... have been hiring for a while now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but UPS, Fedex, and ABX are not hiring... I haven't seen anything since 9/11. Kinda weird, considering that cargo operations are actually increasing every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well UPS, Fedex and ABX aren't the only freight haulers out there.

yeah, i know they're not the only ones... but they're the biggest ones that come to mind!!! Yes, airnet, ameriflight, etc. are hiring... not the major cargo ones

[ QUOTE ]
But soon! Maybe I'll make a holiday edition or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of holidays, when is the "Merry Christmas" Doug avatar coming back?

santy_doug.jpg

Something like this?

grin.gif

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to get reprimanded for that one?
grin.gif
cool.gif
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

Back