Theres no point

Since my goals are to work for a major airline I think there's no point in being a pilot. By the time Im ready to work for a major they wont be hiring.

What?! Is this flame bait?

Dude, you're 13. You've got plennnnty of time to reach your goal of flying for a major airline!

What the hell are you talking about??
crazy.gif

Keep thinking that. I'll be 40 when I have my degree and am applying to the majors. I don't need the competition
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Since my goals are to work for a major airline I think there's no point in being a pilot. By the time Im ready to work for a major they wont be hiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right. So why bother trying at all.

I'll be the nice one on this thread and be semiuseful
grin.gif

"By the time Im ready to work for a major they wont be hiring. "

What the hell are you talkin' about? They aren't hiring now! If anything you have the best chance to be ready to work for one when they are hiring in 10+ years
tongue.gif

Anyways if ya have that mentality maybe you didn't want to be a pilot enough in the first place?
confused.gif

For starters, who cares if the majors are hiring or not (of course i care, but c'mon) as long as there are airplanes in the sky, doesn't matter if they're big or small....count me in. I started when I was 14, my dad wants me to major in Engineering...but I'm going to stick with Aeronautics because that's my passion, I don't care if they hire me or not I want to be good at what I like.

Clem

Well you'll have a hell of a time getting hired if you're not even a pilot...

What's the point of your post anyways?

dont take this the wrong way 747, but quite honestly your posts have been really wierd.

Just remember your only 13 the airline industry goes in cycles what goes up must come back down and vice versa.

Just get all the information you can here and make an informed decision. Be very cautious about a place that wants you to drop 10's of thousands of dollars and says there is no need for a degree. What is your big rush anyway. Part of being young is having fun and enjoying life (your only young once). What a boring world we would have if everyone was so focused on their careers that they didnt take time to have a little fun between the ages of 16-24. Just keep plugging away at what your working on and soak in as much info as you can. I mean your only in high school you have your whole life ahead of you.

Well save your money and go be a basketweaver or something like that.. I dont mind competition but hey if you want to bail on you dream of flying the heavy metal then so be it just one less for me to worry about.

[ QUOTE ]
I think 747 is really Eagle.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

Or maybe that A.L. character...though he may have been before your time here.

Back