The Turkey goes commercial

Your right....it doesn't count as TT.

Good luck Turk, let me know how the other guys do also if you hear!!! I don't make it a daily occurrence to call in anymore!!! Better make sure that check is early, looks like summer has arrived with these storms!!!!
And if anyone from AZ is on here....a new instructor for you guys from here, Patrick Linn, got out of here before giving me his email address...so if someone could be so kind!!!!

I thought you could count up to 50 hours of FTD time towards the commercial rating and 250 TT. Isn't this in the FARs?

Well I had my oral on Wednesday, at 1300, by the time the oral was done (1 hour later) a black cloud settled over Pan Am, and the thunder and lightning started, so no flying. We continued today with the flight, but I swapped T-storms for high winds. (16kts gusting to 23kts) Oh well, I wanted to get this done, so off we went. It went pretty well, the maneuvers were not as precise as I know I can do them, but I took into consideration the bumpy ride, and so did the examiner. Bottom line... I passed!!!
smile.gif
I can't believe it! all this hard work has finally paid off. Now will someone please hire me??? I know I know, back down to earth. Now I add on commercial multi, then off I go into CFI training.

How bout' that. From zero time to commercial pilot in only... 7 months, and that includes 2 weeks off at Christmas. Pan Am has kept up its promise of a quick program.

The Turk.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you could count up to 50 hours of FTD time towards the commercial rating and 250 TT. Isn't this in the FARs?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's affirmative. I was just wondering if the Turkey did that.

I had 250 hours total in airplanes. I did not use any FTD time towards that total, and I dont think you're alowed to.

As far as knowing when my checkride was a few days ahead of time, that is nothing new. It gets scheduled when the examiner is available, and they let you know when it is, so you have time to study, and if it's too far out, you can schedule a review flight to keep sharp on the maneuvers. The only thing they dont tell you is who the examiner will be.

I am continuing with my training, and today I had my 1st of a whopping 2 commercial multi flights, then a stage check, then the checkride. I am looking forward to having some time off before CFI ground starts. I could use it, I've been going non-stop since we got back from Christmas break. So I already have another checkride coming up in the next few days, so I'll let you all know how I do.

The Turk

[ QUOTE ]
I had 250 hours total in airplanes. I did not use any FTD time towards that total, and I dont think you're alowed to.

As far as knowing when my checkride was a few days ahead of time, that is nothing new. It gets scheduled when the examiner is available, and they let you know when it is, so you have time to study, and if it's too far out, you can schedule a review flight to keep sharp on the maneuvers. The only thing they dont tell you is who the examiner will be.

I am continuing with my training, and today I had my 1st of a whopping 2 commercial multi flights, then a stage check, then the checkride. I am looking forward to having some time off before CFI ground starts. I could use it, I've been going non-stop since we got back from Christmas break. So I already have another checkride coming up in the next few days, so I'll let you all know how I do.

The Turk

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG! Damn it; I knew it! Pan Am just robbed you blind again!
mad.gif
All that time you've spent getting dual given in an FTD, up to 50 hours of it could have been counted towards your commercial. Instead Pan Am made you do more flights!
mad.gif

How did PanAm rob him blind? He didn't need to use FTD time. After going through PPL, IR, PPL-ME, route, and CPL-SE he easily had 250 hrs of time.

The PPL-ME and route programs are now before the CPL program so that those 100 ME hours count toward the CPL minimums. Otherwise, Turk would have found himself flying around for 50-75hrs to meet the minimums.

It seems to me that Turk saved himself lots of money by using those 100 ME hrs rather than just burning holes in the sky. It looks he is going to finish the program through CFII/MEI with about 300TT and 120ME. That sounds pretty good to me.

Back