The Turkey ACE

TheFlyingTurkey

Fetus Worshiper
Well, I finished the route program, and I now have 103 hours total multi time, and about 215 hours total. (I haven't added it all up yet) So I started A.C.E. on Monday. It's a pretty tough class, (there is no Gleim to study from). 8 hours of ground school Monday through Thursday, and 4 hours on Friday, for 2 weeks. Weekends off. A 25 question quiz every day, and a final exam on the last day of ground. Then, if you pass ground with at least an 80%, you go into the CRJ200 FTD, for 30 hours. 15 as F.O. 15 as Capt. Then you have a graded check ride. It should be interesting, I'll post more as I get into it.

The Turk.

7,000 dollars for a whole month of time in a sim you can't even log, and skills u won't even use for the next five years! Congratulations to you!

Well Turkey... I was going to say congrats on making in this far, and thank you for getting new thread going... The whining/bashing thread was getting a bit old, but I see someone just had to bring their ill fated comments to your post.

Screw'em... Congrats and keep at it!

to quote thumper. "If you cant say nothin nice, dont say nothin at all."

Hey Turk, just curious to know how much of your multi time is as a safety pilot. That ACE course sounds interesting, shame about not being able to log it, who runs the checkride?

[ QUOTE ]
Well Turkey... I was going to say congrats on making in this far, and thank you for getting new thread going... The whining/bashing thread was getting a bit old, but I see someone just had to bring their ill fated comments to your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I insult him anywhere? No I did not. I just wished him congratulations on what the ace program is going to do for his career. Unless your Bill Gates' son, you might need 7000 dollars down the road--especially in this career field and this time in the industry.

If you don't see that what you said was an insult then your pretty shallow. Even most Pan Am bashers would most likely admit that what you're trying to tell the guy is that he is wasting $7000.

If the guy wants to spend that much for something he feels great about accomplishing, so be it. He's happy and that's all that matters. No need to patronize him.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I insult him anywhere? No I did not. I just wished him congratulations on what the ace program is going to do for his career. Unless your Bill Gates' son, you might need 7000 dollars down the road--especially in this career field and this time in the industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gimme a break. Of course you were insulting him. Turkey is sharing his experiences and I, for one, like to hear about it. If you want to whine and bitch, do it somewhere else.

Why is it that the supporters of Pan Am always say we are whining and bitching? Is it because they can't defend the Pan AM programs at all? I think so, so instead they insult us.

Please someone tell me how forking over 7000 for unloggable sim time is going to help the Turk's career? I would like to know. May I remind you people, that for 7000 he could have bought a type rating (license) for the jet that sim was modeled after!
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that the supporters of Pan Am always say we are whining and bitching? Is it because they can't defend the Pan AM programs at all? I think so, so instead they insult us.

Please someone tell me how forking over 7000 for unloggable sim time is going to help the Turk's career? I would like to know. May I remind you people, that for 7000 he could have bought a type rating (license) for the jet that sim was modeled after!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is insulting you? Who is a supporter of Pan Am here? I really couldn't care less about Pan Am as a school. I toured there and decided it's not for me. I have no need to "defend" Pan Am's programs.

But what I am interested in are Turkey's experiences and not what anyone else thinks of the school he goes to. He also didn't ask for your advice on how to spend his $7000. He seems happy with what he's doing so I'd like to hear what he has to say. I don't have to be a "Pan Am supporter" to be interested in what Turkey's doing.

The only reason this place turns into such a location of drama is because we have a couple playa haters who bring on the drama. It would be so great to see somebody like Turkey post his experience and then have people reply with encouragement and if they have honest questions, then go ahead and ask them. Instead, people attack and devour like the blood thirsty hounds that they are. I wish they would just become vegetarians.
wink.gif

Easy Panampilot- I'm outta this one....

Aren't these forums great.

Panampilot- Don't forget it take two to tango! and vegetarians suck!
wink.gif
J/K

I for one do not support pan am. Hell I work for the competition. But its always nice to see someone thats doing what they love and are truely happy. It's great to see people getting jobs no matter what school they go to. It just shows that the economy is turning around and the jobs will be there. I said in my first post on this thread that is nice to see a new thread. That the bashing/whineing one was getting old. And it is truely sad that you have to come on to a thread and insult someone thats proud of what they have accomplished.

And as far as telling someone they wasted their money. Who are you to judge? Are you at the airline?? NO! Then how do you know what he should or shouldn't do. Please leave the insults to the bashing thread. That's what it's there for. Eveyone believes in the route they are taking. I believe my schools route. Turk believe's his. Let the man have his day.

Good luck Turkey!!!

I try to post my experience at Pan Am in a way that won't start a huge argument... But it never works. I will keep posting what I experience and let everyone else continue the argument.
As for the $7000... Yes you could get a 737 type rating for it, but ACA, ASA, Comair, and so on, dont fly 737's, so it wont help my career until I shoot for the majors. Which in my case won't happen for at least 10 years, and by then I will be 40, and I may decide to stay at a regional, or go to a fractional.

So for the short term, this is how ACE (in my opinion) will help me:
1) I can learn the CRJ-200 systems without the added pressure of learning it for a job.
2) When I get to a regional, even if they fly turbo-props, I will already know how to use FMS, auto-pilot, read and use the PFD, MFD, and EICAS. As most tubo-props use at least a partial glass cockpit, if not full glass.

This class is tough enough without a job on the line. I feel I will have an advantage when I get to initial training at a regional airline.

I talked to my Cousin, who is a captain at ACA flying the Jetstream41, (and FSI grad) and asked him if ACE was a bad idea. He said if he had been exposed to those systems before he got to ACA, his initial training on the J41 would have been a lot easier.

So it's that simple, I talked to someone I trust, and made an educated decision based on that.

The Turk.

And there we have it. A customer who is satisfied with the product that he bought. Keep posting on your progress.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, please tell me where I can get a CL65 type rating for $7000. That would be great deal compared to the approx $32,000 it would typically cost. Sure he could get a type in a 737 or something for that money, but how would that help him?

Thanks for sharing Turkey, even though I have no plan on attending PanAm, it is nice to hear what fellow pilots are doing tho further their career. Hope it goes well!

Might I also point out, that the approx $7000 for a 737 type rating is for taking the practical test in a Level C or Level D simulator. You are expected to already know everything required of the type rating.

Are you going to teach yourself this Mav?

If you do, that’s great. But if you look at FAR 61.157(g), in order to use a Level C or Level D simulator for a type rating, you need at least 500 hours of flight time in the same type of airplane required of the type rating. If you don’t have these, you’re taking your test in the plane. I don’t think you’re going to be doing this for anywhere close to $7000.

Back