The Ten Airlines You Hate The Most

I've seen a pilot do that before. I needed a volunteer, a pax came up and said he was an Evergreen pilot and he'd take the jumpseat if I could compensate him. So I refunded his ticket, gave him the $600 in transferable United Travel Credit, then listed him for the jumpseat. He was in a t-shirt and shorts but the pilots said they could care less in this situation and let me help him out. He was a happy man.

nice...that represented a large bonus to an Evergreen pilot. Especially since he got the credit and it didn't go back to the company.

nice...that represented a large bonus to an Evergreen pilot. Especially since he got the credit and it didn't go back to the company.
He was actually on a paid ticket with his wife going somewhere, so all the refund money went right back into his pocket too. :)

I work as a gate agent for Delta at the OMA station and I are this stuff happen every day. The root cause I think is how we are treated by delta. I don't actually work for them, I work for their contracted out company, Delta Global Services. However, I think a more appropriate name is Delta Ghetto Services. We have no mainline at Omaha, which makes no sense as we have plenty of mainline flights. Pay is awful, benefits have been slashed to death. Starting pay now is 8.25 an hour and you can cap out at 10.10 after FIVE years. How can you expect the employees to give a damn if the company doesn't? They ask a ton of us, but give us hardly anything in return. The people that have a damn left, after they went from making 19 and hour to 10 dollars an hour with no benefits. I just do this part time but we have plenty of agents who enjoy starting conflict with passengers and love shutting the door on them because they hate that the airline did this to them.

I work as a gate agent for Delta at the OMA station and I are this stuff happen every day. The root cause I think is how we are treated by delta. I don't actually work for them, I work for their contracted out company, Delta Global Services. However, I think a more appropriate name is Delta Ghetto Services. We have no mainline at Omaha, which makes no sense as we have plenty of mainline flights. Pay is awful, benefits have been slashed to death. Starting pay now is 8.25 an hour and you can cap out at 10.10 after FIVE years. How can you expect the employees to give a damn if the company doesn't? They ask a ton of us, but give us hardly anything in return. The people that have a damn left, after they went from making 19 and hour to 10 dollars an hour with no benefits. I just do this part time but we have plenty of agents who enjoy starting conflict with passengers and love shutting the door on them because they hate that the airline did this to them.
Agree. An airline starting its own spin off company to work its flights with no bennies and less pay deserves the low numbers they're sure to get.

Everyone loves to "hate" these airlines for conversation.

I wish I could hypothetically run an airline that was always on time (or at least properly compensated pilots to fly at red line every flight), top notch mx, attractive and friendly gate agents and FA's (male and female, properly compensated also), and made the extra effort to never lose bags. My airline would offer almost no fees, have extra legroom, full meals, and free snacks. It would be a major, staffing all its own flights with no outsourced personnel too. To offset these increased costs the ticket prices would cost about $35-60 more per seat than the industry average.

Actually I take it back, I don't wish I could start this airline. It would go belly-up in 6 months and people would proudly proclaim they didn't buy ticket's on my airline because "hellz naw, I saved $35!"

Walmart has made the ability of the apparent "saving" of money a new social status. And that my friends is why customer service is dead is this industry. Dead.

Last edited:
Back