The Ten Airlines You Hate The Most

I must say that I travel first whenever possible...I have paid for it straight up, paid for upgrades, begged, used miles, credit cards to build mileage... and it is a very nice experience. Most of the time the people there are well travelled and don't kick the seat while being very polite. Not to say that doesn't happen in coach, but the extra money does weed out some of the rif raf...

who needs an airplane...when you travel with the Snoop Dawg

yo yo , you can roll wid us...
Lmao!

Snoop makes it all seem so..................

Right!!!

ced1ff8312c13a22e687c919727f31f6.jpg

Last edited:
First class can make all the difference between the flight being "Ugh, are we there yet" and a relaxing way to get where you're going. If there is a meal service, the food is usually pretty good on most carriers, and I can usually fall asleep in first.

First class can make all the difference between the flight being "Ugh, are we there yet" and a relaxing way to get where you're going. If there is a meal service, the food is usually pretty good on most carriers, and I can usually fall asleep in first.
yeah, I can do a trans-con and get there refreshed and ready to go...in coach I get there beat up and exhausted.

yeah, I can do a trans-con and get there refreshed and ready to go...in coach I get there beat up and exhausted.
Flew business/coach from Hawaii to KIAH, on a Cont DC-10 in 97.............

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! And, not because they don't have the DC-10 anymore!!

We were the, Sardine Flight!

I guess I was hating continental at that point.

I just had a layover in Las Vegas. I would be more than happy if both a code of conduct AND a dress code were instituted.

I have only had a negative experience with AirTran.

Well, except for the lap baby kicking my seat for the entirety of my MIA-MSP Delta flight, but that's not their fault.

Airways is consistently awful. I've literally never had a trip on them that was hassle-free. Something always goes wrong. To be fair, I think this may largely be due to the fact that I tend to only wind up on them in the NE, which is, of course, a problem in itself. But Airways is still awful. United and American used to tie for second, but it sort of seems like American has improved somewhat recently, whereas United, well, hasn't. Those are the only 3 I "hate" (as a passenger, anyway). I've always been an SWA fanboi, and still think it's a good experience, but these days (and if you'd told me I'd be saying this five years ago, I'd have laughed at you), I most look forward to Widget flights. They've really improved over the last decade. No doubt Dough did it singlehandedly.

I've had good experiences with most airlines, except the old ValuJet -- everything about ValuJet sucked donkey ass. The whole operation was run like a sub-discount cheap Orlando airport "Rent-a-Wreck" operation and the clientele made Wal Mart look like Saks Fifth Avenue.

Non-revving and jumpseating, USAirways treats me like a Maharaja, great experiences with American (of course, the last time I rode AA was 2003), United (except for one captain), ehh, I can't remember the rest.

My worst experience was Delta Connection/Mesa out of JFK. I was on a full-fare paid ticket from JFK to somewhere in Virginia on NASA's dime and I was late getting in from a trip so I still had my uniform on. I run up to the gate and the agent screams "NO JUMPSEATERS!"

Of course, I'm not jumpseating so I gave the agent my ticket.

"I said, no jumpseaters and no standbys!"

Then the agent determined that I wasn't a jumpseater or a NRSA so she gave me a seat. The flight boards about 30 minutes late, and it's about half-full on what was supposed to be an oversold flight. The agent pops on and says that she needs me on the jumpseat because they're over-weight.

I told her that I'd be more than happy to accommodate the operation if they're overweight and oversold, but I'm a paying customer and I want reaccomodation, a hotel, a cab and a meal voucher.

"No because you can ride the jumpseat".

Anyway, at this point we're about 50 minutes past pushback, she exits, the door closes and then the pilots spend the next (and I'm not crapping you) five minutes welcoming us aboard the flight, the route, the flying time, etc. Meanwhile everyone is mumbling about how late we are and why can't we just go?

Of course, being in uniform (which was my mistake), I'm supposedly the "Point Man" because, after all, we all bought tickets on "Delta" and no one has any real idea that the whole operation was subcontracted to another carrier.

I've had good experiences with most airlines, except the old ValuJet -- everything about ValuJet sucked donkey ass. The whole operation was run like a sub-discount cheap Orlando airport "Rent-a-Wreck" operation and the clientele made Wal Mart look like Saks Fifth Avenue.

Non-revving and jumpseating, USAirways treats me like a Maharaja, great experiences with American (of course, the last time I rode AA was 2003), United (except for one captain), ehh, I can't remember the rest.

My worst experience was Delta Connection/Mesa out of JFK. I was on a full-fare paid ticket from JFK to somewhere in Virginia on NASA's dime and I was late getting in from a trip so I still had my uniform on. I run up to the gate and the agent screams "NO JUMPSEATERS!"

Of course, I'm not jumpseating so I gave the agent my ticket.

"I said, no jumpseaters and no standbys!"

Then the agent determined that I wasn't a jumpseater or a NRSA so she gave me a seat. The flight boards about 30 minutes late, and it's about half-full on what was supposed to be an oversold flight. The agent pops on and says that she needs me on the jumpseat because they're over-weight.

I told her that I'd be more than happy to accommodate the operation if they're overweight and oversold, but I'm a paying customer and I want reaccomodation, a hotel, a cab and a meal voucher.

"No because you can ride the jumpseat".

Anyway, at this point we're about 50 minutes past pushback, she exits, the door closes and then the pilots spend the next (and I'm not crapping you) five minutes welcoming us aboard the flight, the route, the flying time, etc. Meanwhile everyone is mumbling about how late we are and why can't we just go?

Of course, being in uniform (which was my mistake), I'm supposedly the "Point Man" because, after all, we all bought tickets on "Delta" and no one has any real idea that the whole operation was subcontracted to another carrier.
Wow, really?

In respect to Delta's premature termination of the MAG contract, I had little sympathy before - and now I have no bloody sympathy at all.

did you, in fact, ride the jumpseat? I would have told her to jump off a cliff.

Weeeellll, I wouldn't really, but we would have had a pretty serious attitude adjustment...maybe with her manager, since you were late anyway.

and a refund, since you were now working.

Hell no.

Why in the world would I ride the jumpseat when NASA/Langley paid phat loot for me to be on that flight! Bah!

If I would have asked for a refund, then it would have been back in the program coordinator's hands and it would have gone off the radar.

Back