The Rumors Are True- American Eagle Hiring in '09

Before you go buying plane tickets to interview, I would find a way to verify all of this.

That Eagle webpage looks the exact same as it was from last year, I doubt they took it down, and why in the world would they still bother with the low time mins when they can easily find guys who already have 121 experience.

As someone said on another forum, they went to one of these fairs, and the only airline to actually show up was GoJet.

Straight from the website:

* NOTE: The posting of attending airlines is based on their confirmation of participation in the weeks and days leading up to the Open House / Job Fair. Company attendance is not guaranteed and the participating company list is subject to change
Also, I have been in contact with the hiring person with Colgan, and they most def. are not hiring currently. The website says for Captains as well, and thats not true considering we have a ton of guys who meet the mins and seniority to hold it.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, including my own but this is straight from a recruiter with Eagle.

Currently American Eagle is not interviewing or hiring for pilot positions. We
are attending the Miami job fair to talk to perspective candidates for any
future hiring we might do. Soft projections are for hiring in July this year.
You do not need to attend the job fair. Your online application will suffice.
Just make sure you keep it updated with any additional flight time and anything
else that needs updating

I'd personally be amazed if they weren't flushed out. I'm in the ASA pool with 1500 hrs, 500 multi, 400 turbine... If they start hiring again, I will be surprised if they don't flush out the pool and do the interviews over again. Unless something happens to my current job, I'll be staying where I am.

they will be flushing the pool.. i'm in there with you.

.. or just land past them. :)

One of the last times I was there, I saw an F-15 land while I was waiting at the Hold/Short. I'm fairly certain the pilot touched down just before the cable and then 'hopped' it on purpose. Cool move- I think they were showing off.

they certainly piss people off too when they do that. We got ppl here at the navy base chewing their finger nails each time the F-15's come in because they trip the gear so many times it drives them nuts. To put the gear back on it requires starting the big diesel engine and using some muscles too. :)

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, including my own but this is straight from a recruiter with Eagle.

Currently American Eagle is not interviewing or hiring for pilot positions. We
are attending the Miami job fair to talk to perspective candidates for any
future hiring we might do. Soft projections are for hiring in July this year.
You do not need to attend the job fair. Your online application will suffice.
Just make sure you keep it updated with any additional flight time and anything
else that needs updating

Blast it. Looks like we had solid info, too. The Eagle job page and that web page were a bit misleading.

Sorry to all the hopefuls. Maybe it'll work out for later in the year.

Perfect. I'll have more than enough time to be competitve to apply to several carriers by July. I've been waiting to make the jump for a long long time. Whats another few months? I'll have more time, pay off more of my debt, and who knows what opportunites will pop up for us all before then. Fools rush in, be patient, and get onboard when the time is right.

It makes sense to me to keep instructing until you have your ATP. If your going to be sitting reserve and only flying 15 hours a month, your going to be dead in the water.

It makes sense to me to keep instructing until you have your ATP. If your going to be sitting reserve and only flying 15 hours a month, your going to be dead in the water.

It is hard to CFI and get the 500XC for the ATP. I meet all the other requirements, but am about 230 hours of XC short.

Perfect. I'll have more than enough time to be competitve to apply to several carriers by July. I've been waiting to make the jump for a long long time. Whats another few months? I'll have more time, pay off more of my debt, and who knows what opportunites will pop up for us all before then. Fools rush in, be patient, and get onboard when the time is right.

That's the attitude to have right there. Keep at it- if the chance arises, sounds like you've got the right mindset for a shot. :)

It's very easy to fly more than that in a month if you try here at Eagle, even on Reserve.

.. especially if we wind up staffed like last winter. I was averaging 90+ hours block time monthly for the first few months. Even when it started to slow down, I could pull down 75+ hours a month if I tried.

I few over 700 hours in 2008.. and intentionally did next to nothing the last four months of the year.

It's very easy to fly more than that in a month if you try here at Eagle, even on Reserve.

.. especially if we wind up staffed like last winter. I was averaging 90+ hours block time monthly for the first few months. Even when it started to slow down, I could pull down 75+ hours a month if I tried.

I few over 700 hours in 2008.. and intentionally did next to nothing the last four months of the year.

I like, very much!

It is hard to CFI and get the 500XC for the ATP. I meet all the other requirements, but am about 230 hours of XC short.

Why not take your students to Corsicana and back? Or Stephenville? Both routes are barely 60 miles away and it is quiet enough airspace to put your students through maneuvers each way.

If I remember the regulations right, for the ATP the 500 XC is from point to point, not the 50 nm requirement. Add up all the flights you have landed at another airport that was not the departure airport and see how much XC time you have.

I thought the regulation was 500 XC (50 nm distance) for the ATP and 500 XC (Point to Point) for 135 minimums.

If I remember the regulations right, for the ATP the 500 XC is from point to point, not the 50 nm requiremennt. Add up all the flights you have landed at another airport that was not the departure airport and see how much XC time you have.

ATP specifically says 50nm, and no landing is required.

CFIT99 you are correct for the ATP it must be 50nm. Part 135 is point to point.

Its not Part 135, it is actually defined in Part 61.1. Technically, any point to point is an XC, but specific certificates and ratings will require that some of them be 50NM.

Back