The Rumors Are True- American Eagle Hiring in '09

I've had alot of Eagle guys come through here doing ATP writtens or the whole ATP course that took the 5 year LOA or are just leaving for private flying jobs.

This is very true. I met a married-with-children FO type the other day that said he was taking the 5 year LOA. He plans to come back and upgrade to CA. In the meantime he wants to do something else making a bit more money.

Seems alot of folks are doing that. The upshot for us junior types is that some of those folks might get so comfortable where they are that they don't come back. Ever number's worth of movement counts.

In the meantime, it means better schedules & QOL for me. For now, it's win-win.

I think the mins. will go up, and even if they will stay this low, there are tons of qualified pilots on the street with thousands of hours.

I think the mins. will go up, and even if they will stay this low, there are tons of qualified pilots on the street with thousands of hours.
That may be true but consider that those with thousands of hours will not be your direct competition for an FO position. Man, I could go on and on in expounding on this point.

Right now as I understand it, we're a little short on ERJ FO's in JFK & LGA.

However, I understand we're hiring for staffing for some ATR's we're buying/leasing and possibly some CRJ-700s that have been rumored to be on the shopping list. As those bases are ORD & DFW for the CRJ and DFW, MIA, and SJU for the ATR, I'd plan accordingly.

Keep in mind- Eagle was giving base of choice last year as a hiring incentive. Given the current state of the market, I doubt that's likely to happen this time.

My advice? Get onboard and start logging time. After a year's seatlock you can bid into any equipment your seniority can hold. Pay is the same for all FO's first year, too, so that's no factor.

Good luck to all those applying.

Thanks for the info. Im thinking I will go to the job fair... or do you think airlineapps would still be ok? I sent that way back in May and had an interview date in June up until 5 days before the interview they called to cancel :banghead:
So I guess the question is go to Miami or update my resume on airlineapps and submit?

Thanks again
Nick

Hmm, if these rumors are true, then I'd love to come over...I think. The only thing thats keeping me is the high upgrade time. I'm about to get furloughed from my current airline so I have 121 time. Also I'd love to [eventually] get based in my home of DFW. Plus I was an AA/AE intern about 4 years ago. I would hope that would be a good plus. The only thing keeping me is the upgrade time. I'm coming from an airline that already had long upgrades times, even when times were good two years ago. So I've always been telling myself that when I leave here, I should persue some PIC time more quickly.

What about all the low time guys that are sitting in the hiring pool? I know one who doesn't even have 300 hours but has been sitting in the pool since last spring/summer.

What about all the low time guys that are sitting in the hiring pool? I know one who doesn't even have 300 hours but has been sitting in the pool since last spring/summer.

I'd personally be amazed if they weren't flushed out. I'm in the ASA pool with 1500 hrs, 500 multi, 400 turbine... If they start hiring again, I will be surprised if they don't flush out the pool and do the interviews over again. Unless something happens to my current job, I'll be staying where I am.

I'm not sure if going to eagle is good for guys that already have 121 experience. It would be setting yourself back. I would probably find a cfi job, your company is bound to call you back before the 8 years it would have taken you to upgrade at Eagle. I can't imagine hanging around on the right seat of an ERJ for 8 years even if it is my hometown airline. At other airlines you could have been a senior instructor CA with an offer from a major in the time it would take you to upgrade at Eagle.

I'd personally be amazed if they weren't flushed out. I'm in the ASA pool with 1500 hrs, 500 multi, 400 turbine... If they start hiring again, I will be surprised if they don't flush out the pool and do the interviews over again. Unless something happens to my current job, I'll be staying where I am.

I doubt ASA would flush out the hiring pool just to start over. I am in the pool for Skywest..have been since May 2008 but am not worried about having to re-interview... I do not think they will scratch all of you off the list and start over...even with some low time guys sitting there. Just my .02

Thanks for the info. Im thinking I will go to the job fair... or do you think airlineapps would still be ok? I sent that way back in May and had an interview date in June up until 5 days before the interview they called to cancel :banghead:
So I guess the question is go to Miami or update my resume on airlineapps and submit?

Thanks again
Nick

I would recommend both. AirlineApps will likely be the avenue for the required paperwork, either way, but the face time with the recruiting people is absolutely valuable.

Something I overheard while in my interview ´holding tank´:

Apparently one of the HR people had been getting phone calls from an applicant who was a bit rude.. even considering the HR person was trying to help the applicant a bit above and beyond.

The HR person didn´t even want to work with the person to schedule an interview, let alone get them a job.

Shmooze the HR types if you can and it´ll help.

I´ve heard some interesting thoughts on working at Eagle.

Ultimately, do what´s best for you and call your shot.

If you´ve got a recall number from a furlough and are making ends meet in the meantime, Eagle might not be for you.

If you´re still looking for that first gig or leg up, it might work well for you whether you stay here a few years or ten years.

It´s your call. I´m just here to help those interested. :)

it will be interesting with the pool at eagle, there's probably around 50 of us and most of them were given the jet orientation (that't not a justification, but just to make a point that they have already spent money on us even if it wasn't that much app. $10,000)

And who knows how many are left due to people leaving for other flying gigs.

Again yes there were low time guys in the pool a few 300 hours, but most were between 1000-2000 hours

Just because Colgan is going to be there doesn't mean we are hiring.

Also if you want to be considered for Colgan, make sure you have an application on file on airlineapps.com

Are all of you are on crack? That pilot job posting has been up since we stopped hiring. New ATRs and CRJs on property? HAHA, that's funny. Don't believe it until your butt is strapped in the seat calling out V1. With the displacement bid that closes tonight I don't see any hiring for awhile. Don't get your hopes up.

Back