The proper way to chalk an airplane...

jhugz

Guppy gear swinger
...is the UND way, duh. I mean seriously? They can't even let you make the PIC decision of what side of the wheels to put the chalks on. I thought I was getting trolled when I got this info, but no, priceless.

Awe, huggies likes to sit on the ramp and draw chalk airplanes. That's cute.

IMG_5979.JPG

...is the UND way, duh. I mean seriously? They can't even let you make the PIC decision of what side of the wheels to put the chalks on. I thought I was getting trolled when I got this info, but no, priceless.

Not arguing against you, but can you imagine working line out there and having to CHECK each aircraft to see if it needs fuel. The red vs yellow side makes things so much easier. Just my .02

:shrug: I'm pretty sure every large company has policies and procedures for what can be as simple and costly as chocks.
AMF does.

Yeah stretching on this one. Even when I was flying at a small college school with 26 airplanes. Chocking it a certain way to indicate fuel load helped with the 15 minute turns between sessions.

Mommy issues?

Not arguing against you, but can you imagine working line out there and having to CHECK each aircraft to see if it needs fuel. The red vs yellow side makes things so much easier. Just my .02
Makes sense to me. You know that if you did something like use signs for fuel Huggz would make fun of that, and if you had to verbally place fuel orders he'd make fun of how long it takes you to turn around a 172 between flights. There's just no winning sometimes.

God forbid there's a policy that vastly improves efficiency and saves time while hindering nobody at all. I have never ever heard anybody say "I can't believe they're stripping away my PIC authority by telling me which chock should go where depending on the fuel situation. THE NERRRRRVE!!" Chock system? Screw that, I'm PIC, I do what I want. Standard taxi routes? Screw that, I'm PIC, I do what I want. Enter left downwind? Screw that, I'm PIC, I do what I want.

Your arrogance amuses me. PS - You misspelled "chock". But then again, the dictionary probably misspelled it because we all know you are the Greek God of Aviation.

We chalked the planes when I was a fueler, a chalk mark on the nose tire tread indicated "full". When the plane taxied out it would erase the chalk marks.

Nice n easy.

Sent from 1865 by telegraph....

Big airplanes have specific-sized CHOCKS to put on particular wheels.

Not rules that I made, but rules the owner requires if they're going to be held liable when said jet saunters across the ramp into another.

Fly the aircraft like the owner wants it flown, cash the check, go home and drink beer... or buy your own.

Leave the 'dude, it was sweet I didn't follow directions' to MineCraft or maximizing your Groupon.

Back