The latest Pan Am Policy

Mavmb

I was talking to yet another unemployed Pan Am instructor the other day at the Scottsdale airport. Pan Am has now raised their cancellation fee from 2000 to 3000 dollars. That means if you sign up for all the programs and sim time (and that's the only way you are allowed to enroll) and you choose to cancel, finish your training elsewhere, or move back home then Pan Am will automatically deduct not 2000, but 3000 dollars from your account, not including the interest that they also accrue from your money staying in their bank account.

Again, I'm just the posting the truth as I see it in Phoenix everyday. If being honest about these policies and bringing them out into the open upsets some people; then it upsets those individuals because these are the business practices that Pan Am obviously does not want people to know about.

[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to yet another unemployed Pan Am instructor

[/ QUOTE ]

A pilot who acquired their instructor ratings at Pan Am and was not hired? Do tell...

Sounds like bull off the bat as Pan Am hires the instructors they train.

[ QUOTE ]
because these are the business practices that Pan Am obviously does not want people to know about

[/ QUOTE ]

Pan Am is up front with all its business practices, policies, procedures, and contracts to all students who enroll here. What's obvious to you sounds kooky to me.

[ QUOTE ]
That means if you sign up for all the programs and sim time (and that's the only way you are allowed to enroll)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well a BIG thanks to goes to Mav for providing yet again more untruthful information.

I am sure the Pan Am Students who are enrolled for partial programs or attend program by program will be totally SHOCKED to find that they are "illegals" and not allowed to enroll that way!!!!

But Mav, I would like to personally thank you for teaching me something new today. Some people can make dumpster diving a career while Pan Am students strive to be career pilots.

With that being said, I think I will go chat with those "illegally enrolled" students.

Bright, you are such the bright one Mav. I used to get uptight about the crap that you would write on here, now it is getting so ridiculous that I just sit back and laugh.

In my spare time I'm getting ready for interviewing with a prospective employer. It seems that during your spare time you waste it trying to talk crap about other flight schools to hopefully get one more student to come over to Tom Sawyer Flight School so you can break your record of flying 10 hours in one week. Go get 'em kiddo!

[ QUOTE ]
Bright, you are such the bright one Mav. I used to get uptight about the crap that you would write on here, now it is getting so ridiculous that I just sit back and laugh.

In my spare time I'm getting ready for interviewing with a prospective employer. It seems that during your spare time you waste it trying to talk crap about other flight schools to hopefully get one more student to come over to Tom Sawyer Flight School so you can break your record of flying 10 hours in one week. Go get 'em kiddo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, keep throwing the insults out guys! It makes you look very mature and professional! And I do agree with you, someone is lying here. Now who is it? Could it be the people on here who are too ashamed to even identify themselves???

And furthermore, if you guys have a problem with Pan Am's policies or are embarrassed by them, you should take that up with your school. Insulting me and other flight training schools will not help your school any. Rather, you're insults prove you have nothing else to argue with. I mean come on guys, getting a little defensive are we? Wow, the truth hurts.

[ QUOTE ]
Rather, you're insults prove you have nothing else to argue with. I mean come on guys, getting a little defensive are we? Wow, the truth hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to school and learn how to read. PanAmFPRHappy already responded to your lie. Do I also have to say, Mav you're wrong. There how was that. You are not required to sign up for the whole program. How about instead of saying "I talked with some more guys from Pan Am and they said, blah blah blah" Why don't you just admit that the crap you are MAKING UP is just that, CRAP! I'll bet one instructor has come over there, that's right one, and you've turned it into a bunch.

I don't have time to stoop down to your level and play with you in your sandbox. Grow up, and do something productive with your time.

Remember the "Chill the hell out" posting from the other thread guys?

Applies over here too!

I enrolled at Pan Am and didn't take the private-commercial portions. So there is proof that you don't have to take the full enrollment option.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea whether the policy is in place or a figment of mav's imagination, but this reply really shows your true colors...

Mav out of control!

Mav you’re wrong. Have you ever wondered why no one has come to stick up for you? If what you’re saying is true then someone would have corroborated it by now.

Don’t worry Mav, soon pamampilot and I will be gone and you won’t have to worry about us correcting all your untruths.

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea whether the policy is in place or a figment of mav's imagination, but this reply really shows your true colors...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it wouldn’t be an official jet careers thread until chunk weighs in with his opinion.

Panampilot is a good guy, and he’s really pleased with his experience at Pan Am. So it’s understandable that when someone comes in with the sole purpose of casting the school in a bad light he gets upset.

Mav, stop using this forum to validate the choices you made. You decided that FBO route was for you, just be on your way and leave us alone.

If there was now bickering, the Pan Am threads would be...well, boring. I think some like to view the Pan Am threads because of the hot topics of who is right or wrong. I don’t watch daytime TV, so this will have to do. Doug, what is wrong with people venting? It's not like a real fight or anything.

Venting is fine, no problem. I'm more of the referee during the Tyson fight.

I'm just here to make sure no one starts biting ears during the melee!

Well caught in a BIG LIE again guys! I just called Pan Am's 1800 number and talked to John at DVT campus to see if they would allow me to just do the instrument rating only! John was a nice guy and very courteous, but he politely said no! In fact, he told me that they only do training for the airlines (haha) and "frown upon people just signing up for one program at a time."

I told him that I did want to work for the airlines but that I just wanted to pay as I went and only sign up for one rating and then finish the rest later. He said the only way that I could do one rating is too enroll in the career pilot program!!!!!!!!!! He said a few individuals are enrolled in one program but have made an agreement to do the full career pilot program!

And there it is right there! I tried to sign up for one rating and was refused!

Okay, so since you guys can't talk about the single program policy legitimently anymore, and you obviously have been avoiding the whole subject of the 3000 dollar policy, do you guys have any insults for me?

How about telling me this time that none of my flight time will count and my career is ruined because I wasn't wearing a striped Pan Am uniform at the time!
grin.gif

Seriously, you people (and everyone knows which ones I am talking about) have stepped to new lows that have even surprised me on this bulletin board. Indeed, these are some of the most dishonest, unethical businessmen I have ever encountered. I'm sorry I don't have enough free time everyday to check up on all of the tricky advertising schemes you people pull to steal money and pull the wool over the buyer's eyes, so all I have to say to the general public is: Caveat emptor! Buyer beware!

Re: Mav out of control!

[ QUOTE ]
Mav you’re wrong. Have you ever wondered why no one has come to stick up for you? If what you’re saying is true then someone would have corroborated it by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I don't know any better one way or the other.
smile.gif

Mav, while I think you're kinda obsessed with this stuff. You're clearly right about the shady business side, and the personal attacks on you are way out of order.

With the current state of the industry any low time CFI who gets on at a Reigonal either knows someone or is part of a program like Comair or PanAm, however in my opinion programs like that are nothing more than PFT. If that works for you fine, but let's not pretend that it's anything more than that. I enjoyed my time at Pan Am and learned a lot, but I learned way more after I left and staring flying non-Piper airplanes away from the familiar training environment of NWPA and Phx approach.

I have 1200/200 and my 135 IFR mins and I've been instructing for 14 months. I wouldn't have got here that quick if I stayed at PanAm [ask how much x-c time your average Pan Am CFI has] I know I probably won't get on at reigonal anytime soon, but you know.. I wouldn't want to. I looks like a terrible job, you just have to read some of the posts at flightinfo to see how bad it can be.

I'm looking forward to flying freight for a while and really develop my flying and IFR kills. After a year or so, plus an ATP rating I'll feel that I am better prepared for a 121 job.

Good luck to PanAmpilot etc, you might get there before me but when I do I know I'll have earned it.

TDK90,
Explain to me how instructing at Pan Am is PFT?
Please.

Then explain to me how instructing somewhere else would allow you to "earn" a job, any more than instructing at Pan Am.
Please.

I really want to know.

Sounds like you think you are better than anyone who instructs at Pan Am.

Please clear this up.

The Turk.

Back