The latest Pan Am Policy

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you think you are better than anyone who instructs at Pan Am.

[/ QUOTE ]

And PanAm instructors think they're better than those at FBO's (see below). Round and round we go.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that during your spare time you waste it trying to talk crap about other flight schools to hopefully get one more student to come over to Tom Sawyer Flight School so you can break your record of flying 10 hours in one week.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way- not all FBO's are busy enough to keep all of their instructors flying ten hours a week. But you wouldn't know that would you...cause you work for the great PanAm International Flight Academy {/sarcasm}.

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, so since you guys can't talk about the single program policy legitimently anymore, and you obviously have been avoiding the whole subject of the 3000 dollar policy, do you guys have any insults for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will step up to the plate and call you a LIAR. I too spoke to Pan Am today IN PERSON to inquire about the admin. fees being raised to your "reported" $3,000. The girl who processes them knew nothing about it (she let me take a look while she was processing them) and neither did the Facilities Director, the Accountant or the Comptroller at DVT.

Perhaps you had best check your sources before reporting heresay on this forum in the future. I noted it did not say "in my opinion" or anything of that nature. Therefore, you are being malicious and slanderous.

I can confirm there are many students in program to program enrollment. Though not the fastest way to complete their education, some students find it necessary due to personal commitments or financial difficulties. However, they are attending and are welcome!!!

Alrighty then...

[ QUOTE ]
Explain to me how instructing at Pan Am is PFT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said instructing at Pan Am was PFT, I said the program was. It's the same at Comair. You can't have it both ways, you guys and Pan Am are always telling us that all your CFIs are getting hired left and right by Reigonals with 800-1000 hrs, ok let's assume that is the case.

Something doesn't add up, why would the airlines hire a Pan Am CFI or a Comair CFI over a type rated 121 experienced Captain on furlough? It can't be the ACE program, it's not that good. It's obviously a mutually beneficial situation, Pan Am/Comair etc. get to advertise their fanatstic placement success and therefore recruit more students. The airlines get a source of trained, cheap pilots desperate to fill the seats. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other "incentives" offered by the large academies for airlines to accept a certain number of academy graduates over other applicants. It makes perfect sense, ultimately you're going to get what you want but you will have a paid a financial premium [PFT] to get there ahead of your competition. I'm sure you don't truly believe that because of Pan Am you're better than everyone else..

As for me, I never said I was a better instructor than a Pan Am CFI. I know there are many skilled and dedicated CFIs there, I flew with some. But for me personally, I know without a shadow of doubt that I have had a richer aviation experience by instructing away from an academy environment.

At Pan Am et al the majority of students and CFIs are young airline oriented and fairly inexperienced. The airplanes you fly are new and almost identical in cockpit layout, this is good for standardisation but as well as the Archer,Arrow and Seminole I've flown 11 other airplane types including 90hrs of High Performance, Pressurized and Turbocharged airplanes, aerobatics and tailwheel.

I've instructed young and old, rich and poor, skilled and inept.

I wish you well, I really do....Pan Am will probably get you there faster but be under no illusion as to the reason why.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
all your CFIs are getting hired left and right by Reigonals with 800-1000 hrs,

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I avoid flying the regionals. The TSA is why I avoid flying the majors.

[ QUOTE ]

Which is why I avoid flying the regionals. The TSA is why I avoid flying the majors.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt.

Between flights, I walked out of security in SJC, ordered a burrito in clear eyeshot of the TSA, turned around, came back through security and got randomly "flagged" for additional screening.

Doug, they wanted your burrito.

Just starting browsing this thread a few mins ago while bored watching some nice little thunderbumpers roll through the vero beach area and WOW, what excitement! There is some serious tension in here! Pan AM, FSA, Tom Sawyer Flight School, etc, etc, cant we all be friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something doesn't add up, why would the airlines hire a Pan Am CFI or a Comair CFI over a type rated 121 experienced Captain on furlough? It can't be the ACE program, it's not that good. It's obviously a mutually beneficial situation, Pan Am/Comair etc. get to advertise their fanatstic placement success and therefore recruit more students. The airlines get a source of trained, cheap pilots desperate to fill the seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

TDK90, Doug, or anyone...
Just because you are a 121 captain doesn't mean you start as a captain at a new job does it? New company means back to the bottom of the list. Right? I thought all new hires starting at an airline start out at the same level and pay, no matter what your experience. Otherwise people would be jumping ship constantly.

It seems to me that the airline would prefer the experince, because they would have to pay them the same. I dont see any financial gain for the airline by hiring the CFI over our 121 guy.

The Turk.

[ QUOTE ]
TDK90, Doug, or anyone...
Just because you are a 121 captain doesn't mean you start as a captain at a new job does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. We had a Cathay Pacific 777-300 FO get hired at Delta, and went straight to the 727 flight engineer panel. Well, umm, now he's furloughed though...

[ QUOTE ]
New company means back to the bottom of the list. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought all new hires starting at an airline start out at the same level and pay, no matter what your experience. Otherwise people would be jumping ship constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I had a friend who was a Express one 727 captain in Brussels that got hired at American and was a bottom o'the list 727 flight engineer!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to yet another unemployed Pan Am instructor

[/ QUOTE ]

A pilot who acquired their instructor ratings at Pan Am and was not hired? Do tell...

Sounds like bull off the bat as Pan Am hires the instructors they train.

[ QUOTE ]
because these are the business practices that Pan Am obviously does not want people to know about

[/ QUOTE ]

Pan Am is up front with all its business practices, policies, procedures, and contracts to all students who enroll here. What's obvious to you sounds kooky to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to back up what you just said in CFI25's thread?

Back