The gig is up!

bamaral13

Well, I just got back to my hotel from the Memphis PEPC, and they warned us that they knew the PEPC interview questions were on the web.

Just be warned, they threw me some curve ball questions that aren't included in the sticky post. But it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. The individual that interviewed me said he knew about the questions but that he was ok with it. I interpreted that as there's nothing wrong in trying to be fully prepared as you can be.

My day today went well. I started at 10 a.m. and got out around 3:15 p.m. The only thing that concerns me are the results from the vision, hearing and EKG tests. I didn't have to retake anything so I want to assume that I did ok.

The most time-consuming part of the day was the security background check info we were required to input in the laptops they had stationed for us.

Hope this helps for anyone who still has to go. Good luck!

With all the talks of delays until the FY09, just curious as to what HR told you about class dates when you signed your TOL ?

All they said was that we can expect our offer letters in the mail in about two weeks, and that academy start dates would likely be sometime between october and january.

All they said was that we can expect our offer letters in the mail in about two weeks, and that academy start dates would likely be sometime between october and january.

Two weeks? Da loca two weeks! My interview was two weeks ago this past monday (it's been 16 days since I had my interview), and they JUST received the recommendation to hire me this past monday and said all my stuff would be sent out this week and to expect my FOL in another 1-2 weeks! I wouldn't hold your breath on a FOL anytime in the next 2 weeks... possibly 2 months.

Well, I just got back to my hotel from the Memphis PEPC, and they warned us that they knew the PEPC interview questions were on the web.

Just be warned, they threw me some curve ball questions that aren't included in the sticky post. But it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. The individual that interviewed me said he knew about the questions but that he was ok with it. I interpreted that as there's nothing wrong in trying to be fully prepared as you can be.

My day today went well. I started at 10 a.m. and got out around 3:15 p.m. The only thing that concerns me are the results from the vision, hearing and EKG tests. I didn't have to retake anything so I want to assume that I did ok.

The most time-consuming part of the day was the security background check info we were required to input in the laptops they had stationed for us.

Hope this helps for anyone who still has to go. Good luck!

Can you give an example(s) of the "curve ball" questions they asked?

Two weeks? Da loca two weeks! My interview was two weeks ago this past monday (it's been 16 days since I had my interview), and they JUST received the recommendation to hire me this past monday and said all my stuff would be sent out this week and to expect my FOL in another 1-2 weeks! I wouldn't hold your breath on a FOL anytime in the next 2 weeks... possibly 2 months.

Yeah, I was told sometime in JANUARY to start OKC but maybe sooner. There was no mention on when I might receive a FOL. On one of the forms I filled out it said the background check could take anywhere from 30 to 75 days.

I've read other experiences where they've asked people if they read the posts here, or somewhere else. As far as the questions there's really no question there that can't be found in any standard interview prep book, so I don't know why they would be bothered.

Can you give an example(s) of the "curve ball" questions they asked?

Sorry, but I am going to be an a$$!!! If we told you what else they asked, that would defeat the purpose of the managers throwing us a curve ball. Which is obviously what you want us to do.

Besides, they really don't care what you have to say, as long as you are articulate and not pulling crap out of your a$$. On the interviewer's desk they have a stack of TOL's with your name already on it.

I'll give you one key word.... STRESS........lol

Which offer letter are you guys referring to? You already received your TOL right?

Besides, they really don't care what you have to say, as long as you are articulate and not pulling crap out of your a$$.

damn... that's one of my better qualities... being articulate while pulling crap out of my ass.

Yeah, my interview included a few unexpected questions. The interviewer ran through some of the expected questions and I used up all my good examples and then he went back and rephrased some of the questions which forced me to think on the spot and come up with further examples and situations. Still, the topics are the same. Nothing surprising there. My interview lasted about 30-35 minutes which seemed to be about the norm from what I saw.

At my PEPC interview I was asked some operational-type questions even though the PEPC e-mail stated technical knowledge about the job is not required for the interview...nonetheless my interviewer was impressed by what I knew given I'm OTS with no prior aviation experience and people who he had interviewed before me with CTI training/ family connections didn't know the answer

I don't know about two weeks. It seems to be, for me anyways, that I won't recieve my FOL until 2 weeks before the class date they pick for me lol.

At my PEPC interview I was asked some operational-type questions even though the PEPC e-mail stated technical knowledge about the job is not required for the interview...nonetheless my interviewer was impressed by what I knew given I'm OTS with no prior aviation experience and people who he had interviewed before me with CTI training/ family connections didn't know the answer

You recall what some of these questions were? I'd like to know- I'm a FEBOTS applicant, but I have CTI schooling also and would like to know if I would have been able to correctly answer the questions if they would have been tossed at me during my interview.

If there was a bomb threat at your facility, and only 2 were nominated to stay, one being ALTRACON. Would you stay ?!

If there was a bomb threat at your facility, and only 2 were nominated to stay, one being ALTRACON. Would you stay ?!

I guess that depends on if you were the other one nominated lol. I would stay though, might as well go out with a bang.

You recall what some of these questions were?

To me they were pretty straightforward...

"Do you know what the basic separation minima are?"

Replied with the general horizontal and vertical requirements below vs above
29,000 feet, talked about visual separation on approach, and heavy jets/ associated wake turbulence

"What is an operational error"
-An error resulting from operations :panic: :bandit:

To me they were pretty straightforward...

"Do you know what the basic separation minima are?"

Replied with the general horizontal and vertical requirements below vs above
29,000 feet, talked about visual separation on approach, and heavy jets/ associated wake turbulence

"What is an operational error"
-An error resulting from operations :panic: :bandit:

Hmm... I wonder how many people were asked those sorts of questions and were unable to answer them...

Back