The Future of the Website

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
So, what do you guys want to see on the website?

Suggestions?

More posts that read "HIRED".
grin.gif

I would like to see more things like live atc links and cool video links, like that one in hong kong.

I mean I could link to it, but I mean original jetcareers-type content.

Perhaps a web log (blog) for pilots? Or I could try to bring back the auction, or I dunno, brainstorm, tell me what ya think!

Some "regular" columns/articles. I am not complaining, becuase I have read the articles that you have posted. Something along the line of " A Day in The Life" or "This Week in Airline XYZ.." With the knowledge that floats around here, there are plenty of qualified people that could contribute. Instead of searching through the entire site, A links, etc... page could be cool to. That's my two cents worth. Keep up the good work.

[ QUOTE ]
of searching through the entire site, A links, etc... page could be cool to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand.

I think a section where people could have a log as you suggested, or post articles pertaining to their training process.I think a lot of the people visiting this site (think of all those lurkers....) would benefit from reading a 'day in the life' of a flight student, considering that training & grass roots flying will be their life for years to come. Get people to contribute that are working on all phases of training, those that are teaching, or have very entry level flying jobs. And from all kinds of schools - everything from Pa Browns FBO at Podunk International to Sir Speedy Flight Academy in Florida.

To paraphrase, there's lots of good info on flight schools here, but for those JUST starting out, a central location where one could read about students at different types of schools and at different phases of training could be more advantageous from a time and ease of reading standpoint. It might be best if this was either in a log format as you mentioned, or an article format that is submitted and posted. Otherwise it just becomes another forum and I don't think that is needed.

I'll bet there are tons of pilots and students on here that'd be willing to contribute. I kept a journal during my private training (and unfortunately stopped after my PPASEL checkride) - and I get a real kick out of going back and reading that thing.

Sarah

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
of searching through the entire site, A links, etc... page could be cool to.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If [there were a page where] where more links [one could find different links to...diaries, sites, whatever the moderators find appropriate]... It would be easier than having to search through the entire DB for a link to "Live ATC...or Whatever".

My bad, I should have looked under "cool stuff". Maybe add different links for a given period, (30, 60 days, etc...)That could help in keepng the material fresh.

Good idea!

I've been looking at blog software but just haven't gotten around to finding a method of implementation. Fantastic idea!

Maybe an online "training" center ...

A place where select CFI's could hold/present online "ground schools" for varying certificates/ratings. The archives of which would be an excellent place for new folks to find answers to same questions that pop-up from time to time.

Or a log (blog) etc. might be cool.

Or some kind of clearing house for entry level jobs ... a list of some kind. It probably wouldn't take much to get the word out to employers that jc.com sports a list of jobs which might also open up advertising avenues.

I dunno just throwing out ideas.
cool.gif

A blog for pilots sounds cool...would give Eagle another place to rant about politics etc.

Would also be cool to get some insights from pro-pilots on the road on a semi-regular basis.

I've always wanted to stuff about helicopter flying, but I know...someone has to write it.

My 2 cents.

Naunga

Doug, the "Perspectives" section is great. Try and find more people to add their two cents. Any motivation from people who have "made it" is invaluable at this point.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug, the "Perspectives" section is great. Try and find more people to add their two cents. Any motivation from people who have "made it" is invaluable at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it too. I beg, pander, grovel, plead... everything short of putting on a dress and high heels in order to get more perspectives sections!
smile.gif

What about a section in the discussion groups where we can list some good airports with places to get some good eats? I hate to bite off the $100 Hamburger idea, but lots of the info on there is outdated.

Lots of us GA guys and CFI's are always looking for somewhere good to eat.

ok...how about a picture of you in the dress and heels trying to get more perspectives articles... oh wait never mind...

Doug,

even though I haven't made it yet, I would be more than happy to write some content for you. It would be a way to improve my writing skills and hopefully help someone out in the process.

Back