The Future of the Website

A spell checker would be alot more convienient than cracking open a dictionary. I'm not too lazy to crack the book, but since technology is my friend, many would appreciate the spele chekkir
smirk.gif
It's been mentioned by others several times.

A 100$ burger spot would be nice as suggested. Montanapilot and I went on a x-country burger run last weekend together, and we will post a couple of words and photos on that soon.

[ QUOTE ]
A blog for pilots sounds cool...would give Eagle another place to rant about politics etc.

[/ QUOTE ]That'd be a misuse of an otherwise great idea, IMHO. A better application would be a collection of training diaries of people going through the various training programs out there. Seems like people are always interested in hearing how a particular program is working out.

Another would be complete accounts of our pro pilots' trips. A journal of a 4-day at Delta, detailing the good, the bad and the ugly would be an interesting read--as would a contrasting piece on a 4 day at Chicago Express, or UPS or any of the 135 ops guys here do.

The blog idea is good, provided it remains tightly focused and of limited duration. The forums are sufficient for peoples' daily ramblings.

Just my $0.02.

[ QUOTE ]
Another would be complete accounts of our pro pilots' trips. A journal of a 4-day at Delta, detailing the good, the bad and the ugly would be an interesting read--as would a contrasting piece on a 4 day at Chicago Express, or UPS or any of the 135 ops guys here do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more than happy to...although keep in mind I'm only flying a Bonanza (for now).
smile.gif

I'm toying around with the blog idea, but stuff specifically related to aviation, the everyday toils of a pilot, but needless to say nothing that resembles the squawk box whatsoever.

I always liked MikeD's IFR reviews and questions, it would be cool if someone could create a section devoted to testing your knowledge in several subject areas..

Sorry this is off topic...but Ruppert is that you that I keep seeing at the gym? It's been a year or so since I met you but, there is a guy there when I go to run in the mornings who looks reeeealy familiar. Or maybe I'm just halucinating.
grin.gif

Sorry...carry on ya'll!!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm toying around with the blog idea, but stuff specifically related to aviation, the everyday toils of a pilot, but needless to say nothing that resembles the squawk box whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would be very cool. Keep the logs limited to aviation, but they could be really interesting, both from student pilots and pro pilots who are willing to participate.

Hey Matt,

what time do you go? I am usually there in the mornings too. Yeah it has been a while and just like you, I kind of remember what you look like.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll write about some of my trips, or "life on the line", training, etc., however since I probably won't be flying until Tuesday night it has to wait.
grin.gif

Seriously though, if you guys want articles about the regionals, I don't mind writing. I actually have been told many times I need to write more.

Not trying to beat the proverbial "dead horse", but as a newbie, I would really like to see more stories in the perspectives column. It gives us clowns a ray of hope and something to keep the dream alive!! Also, as mentioned, a diary from the road of some of the more prolific characters from the JC website would be cool.

Maybe add a section that groups users (or topics) in particular geografic areas.
Kind of like:
"Looking for Safety Pilot in: ...Southeast US/Florida/Palm Beach County/KPBI"...
It could be for safety pilots, classifies, airports to stay away from, (pilots to stay away from ; ) )services, rentals, share flying time, instruction etc etc , but again, in a particular geografic area
Just a thought..

I am fairly new here, but since this is one of the first sites I came across when deciding to persue being a pilot, I would be more than happy to contribute. I have started a thread called "Diary of a Pilot" my intention is to keep posting to it all the way through my quest to have a career as a pilot. I hope it will help others see what is involved in making the choice. Costs, time, training, etc...

Don

I have a pre-training blog, which I'm *know* some of you have seen from my profile, though I don't remember if I've mentioned it here or not. Of course it's only updated once every three months, has no good info. but meh. One of the many 'track from start of training to end'.. problem is I haven't started yet...
grin.gif

"Why mess with perfection!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! "

I can agree with that!
cool.gif

Re: A cargo forum

[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm....I think we need a cargo forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no....not again!
wink.gif

Although in all seriousness, a cargo forum WOULD be a good addition.

Sarah

Back