The end of the Beech may be near......

It's suprising to me that Colgan can't find a spare Saab to put on that route. I realize that some can't be used because LGA is Airways but still you'd think there would be an extra somewhere.

Okay let me tell you why...

To carry an extra SAAB would mean to carry an extra SAAB lease. Which costs money, which Colgan has plenty of, but unwilling to spend it.

I could be wrong, but the BEECH is owned and doesn't cost much to operate.

Additionally, when our loads on the SAAB this time of the year are only at 6-8 Passengers a flight then it makes sense to throw a Beech on there.

My beef is now that they've taken most of the US Airways SAABs and painted them in Captain America scheme and now thats all we fly. We look like jokes in LGA. Passengers get on and say "I'm supposed to be on US Airways to MHT" Then they look in the seatback pocket and find a United magazine and safety card!

With that being said- these SAABs have been having a bad couple of months, MX wise.

Since the Saab took over up here we've mostly seen the new Airways scheme but there have been some Captain Americas. Reminds me of when the old Beech 1900C used to come in.

Eh, just call it a service animal. You can have an unlimited number of those. I need a service monkey for the cockpit. Makes me feel happy.

Here's a service monkey for you. Perfect for the unruly passenger in 8A. :p

[YT]4HfMUGsniJ8[/YT]

Do you know how many times I saved 'Colgan Mainline' when I was on the Beech?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Nothing is changing, even when they want to get rid of them.

:whatever::whatever::whatever::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::whatever::whatever::whatever:

Because the Slaab is in for a heavy check.

So ONCE AGAIN the Beech saves the day.

So I thought the 1900 would never be seen again in AUG. Turns out I was wrong. Colgan had to pull its other Beech out of retirement to cover a broken Saab. Looks like they should keep em around for awhile.

Back